Talk

Advanced search

Do you use urban decay setting spray - if so can you answer this question?

(13 Posts)
TheDayOfMyDoctor Wed 19-Mar-14 17:43:07

I'm so fed up of my make up disappearing within a few hours - I'm really pale and prone to a red chin and nose, so I end up looking horrific in pictures on a night out.

I'm going to change my foundation when the current one runs out I think, but in the meantime, I've purchased some urban decay setting spray. I don't know if i should use it over powder though? I usually use a light dusting of loose translucent powder to unsuccessfully set my make up and give a matte finish.

I'm going to a very posh do tomorrow, so don't have time to experiment so want to get it right!

TIA

BlondieNZ Wed 19-Mar-14 18:38:47

I spray mine over the top of powder. It still looks matt but takes away that freshly powdered look and helps the makeup look more natural. I also apply it after my moisturiser and before any makeup. Have you tried a primer underneath you foundation? I find a good one can make even my ysl touché éclat foundation stay on all day /night.

Sparkle86 Wed 19-Mar-14 18:41:58

I do it with and without powder smile

Usual routine is wash face, moisturiser/flash balm, smashbox clear primer, foundation, powder blush, eyeshadow, cream blush if i want a bit more colour than powder, eyeliner & mascara then spray with the setting spray

flossy101 Wed 19-Mar-14 19:41:23

For my base I do
Primer
Foundation
Concealer
Setting spray
Powder
Setting spray again

I have oily skin and this works well for me.

TheDayOfMyDoctor Wed 19-Mar-14 19:49:38

Brilliant, thanks. I do use primer, which definitely makes a difference to how make up sits, but doesn't do that much in terms of staying powder. I've read a few reviews suggesting using the spray after primer but before makeup, but I like the idea of doing the spray after foundation/concealer.

Walnut8 Thu 20-Mar-14 04:51:10

this is really helpful! I might try the setting spray, powder, setting spray bit .... I have MAC fix but it's never seemed to help all that much. Maybe I was just using it incorrectly!

HaloNight Thu 20-Mar-14 07:52:17

Blimey, just looked that Urban Decay one up on Amazon - pricey! Can anyone vouch for whether it's worth the money? Also, if you've used it can you still "touch up" your power throughout the evening without getting a caked look?

Thanks! smile

HaloNight Thu 20-Mar-14 07:52:44

*POWDER, not power, I wish I did have more power on a night out!

TheDayOfMyDoctor Thu 20-Mar-14 09:56:32

There's a smaller size that costs £9 so I got that to try it out. Have tried it this morning so will report back later!

CrispyHedgeHog Thu 20-Mar-14 10:45:25

I don't know the urban decay one but I use an evian mister to set my make up, that works really well and it's only a couple of quid.

ggirl Thu 20-Mar-14 16:06:03

the makeup academy one from superstore is as good as the urban decay one and a lot cheaper
here

the spray is not as fine as the UD one but my Ud spray thing broke rendering it useless

I blow dry my face on cool after using it ...lol

HaloNight Thu 20-Mar-14 16:29:58

Ooh that MUA one is cheap! I do normally really like UD stuff though so thanks for telling me about the smaller one, TheDayofMyDoctor - look forward to your Report before I decide! smile

TheDayOfMyDoctor Fri 21-Mar-14 22:24:21

The UD spray worked a treat! Going home in the wee small hours with my make up intact was amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now