Talk

Advanced search

Budget Jeans

(13 Posts)
PastaandCheese Wed 19-Mar-14 14:12:14

I had a DS 12 days ago and I am a stone heavier than when I got pregnant. It took me a few months to lose similar weight after DD was born and get back to a 10-12 so I hope to get there and get my wardrobe back.

In the meantime I have no jeans or trousers that fit and I can't stand leggings after late pregnancy meant they were all I could wear. My maternity jeans are hanging off me.

Has anyone got any recommendations of budget jeans or casual trousers to last me a couple of months? I don't really want a trip to the city but the local high street has M&S, Next, New Look etc so hoping I can pick something up there?

mrsnec Wed 19-Mar-14 14:29:41

I Like peacocks 24/7 skinnies. They were about 8 quid in the sale and I have a pair in every colour in 2 different sizes.

candycrushhater Wed 19-Mar-14 14:32:52

I'll second Peacocks. Their jeans of all shapes are great. Mine cost £12!

itsnothingoriginal Wed 19-Mar-14 14:52:44

I would definitely recommend matalan 'Falmer' range of jeans - they are really good for the money. I have some on the second year of wear and still going strong! They've washed better than the Next ones I bought recently which feel limp and tired already..

whatshallwedo Wed 19-Mar-14 16:09:23

I like Primark's £10 jeans although I think they have changed the quality of the denim (if that is even possible for cheap jeans). I wear the skinny ones and they don't go baggy at the knees by the end of the day.

AndiPandi Wed 19-Mar-14 16:10:52

M&S Jeggings - really skinny jeans rather than leggings - very comfy and a whole host of colours

Ujjayi Wed 19-Mar-14 16:15:32

Try Next's Relaxed Skinny. I have them in indigo. Am currently a stone overweight thanks to medication (but hey, it's keeping me upright, so...!) and I've gone up to a 12 from an 8-10. I bought a size 10 and these fit me as skinny rather than relaxed. I am slowly losing the weight but the jeans are still flattering as they are easing into the shape they actually should be!

They sound like the kind of thing which would be be useful for you as you ease your way back down to your regular weight/size.

Juneywoony Wed 19-Mar-14 16:23:44

I like these from new look, I've got the opposite of you in that I've lost weight due to illness but know the weight will come back sooner or later, I've got two pairs which cost £20 which is less than I would normally pay for a pair!

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/jeans/30in-navy-skinny-jeans_266357141

PastaandCheese Wed 19-Mar-14 16:43:14

Brilliant. Thanks very much! I lost the weight just gradually last time through eating less cake and breastfeeding. I'm hoping it will be the same again although judging by the effort and limited snacking time with a newborn and a two year old it could be quicker.

We don't have a Peacocks or a Primark but have all the other shops recommended so sounds like I won't struggle.

I normally wear skinny jeans but I do feel a bit 'jelly belly' for them at the moment so the relaxed fit sounds like a great idea.

I've had the M&S before in bright, summery colours and recall them being high waisted which also sounds good now!

I'll check out Matalan and New Look too. DD is in nursery tomorrow and DS is still in the snoozy phase so fingers crossed it'll be an easy shopping trip.

juney and ujjai I'm sorry you are poorly. I hope you both feel better soon.

thepurplepenguin Wed 19-Mar-14 17:41:57

I would also recommend the relaxed skinnies from Next. Have a pair in indigo and just bought a second pair in grey for the summer. They are very forgiving!

Jellybellyrbest Wed 19-Mar-14 18:13:10

I'm 4wks PN & also have 1st to lose. My resigned skinnies arrived from NXT y'day & high waisted sexy slim today. The high waisted are great for the jelly belly & love handles & is recommend both.

PastaandCheese Wed 19-Mar-14 18:35:17

Forgiving is what I need! The stone appears to all be concentrated on my boobs, tummy and thighs. It is not a good look!

I am sure it was more even last time but it is possible I'm just deluded.

I flick between feeling fat and feeling very thin because I'm so much smaller than I was 12 days ago.

PastaandCheese Thu 20-Mar-14 14:36:25

Just to update. Thank you so much for the Next Relaxed Skinnies recommendation.

I won't flatter myself and say 'flattering' but they look ok and I feel normal in them.

DS was a good little shopper despite wanting to be fed every hour. I resisted a cake in Costa on the basis I'll be back for the smaller size quicker if I just keep tanking him up and avoiding treats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now