Talk

Advanced search

Triple Active Glow by L'Oreal - how does it work?

(10 Posts)
AlternativeMoniker53 Wed 19-Mar-14 10:58:06

I bought this a couple of days ago as it is currently on offer in Sainsbury's (oh the glamour!). It claims to be a "complexion enhancing moisturiser" and as it has SPF 15 I thought I'd give it a go. It does something very odd to my face when I put it on, this is the second day. It makes my very pale skin quite punk and hot feeling, possibly like those lip swelling glosses? It also makes my eyes water, I know I shouldn't get it near my eyes, it says so very clearly on the packaging and I tried hard today, they are less watery but still a bit.

Does anybody know if this is what is supposed to happen? Is this the "glow"? Perhaps my skin is just too pale for the product, I certainly couldn't go out like that, I'd look like I'd been rushing about before leaving home! I think it looks nice now I've made myself up but is that the point? Please, anyone, enlighten me!

Puddles1234 Wed 19-Mar-14 11:56:41

*Enhance your skin's natural radiance with L'Oreal Paris Dermo Expertise Triple Active Glow. It illuminates the skin to make your complexion look more youthful and energised. Providing intense nourishment, this hydrating cream also works to fight the effects of free radicals, UV rays, stress and pollution, preventing your skin from ageing prematurely.

Rich and creamy, the silky formula is enriched with vitamin E and ceramide, which improves your skin's natural barrier function and adds elasticity. It soaks effortlessly into your skin to leave your complexion looking luminous, soft and supple.*

Thats the official description. I am guessing it just gives you a glow.

I personally have never used it so cant really pass comment but if it is irritating you eyes then stop using it.

AlternativeMoniker53 Wed 19-Mar-14 21:36:04

I'm thinking the natural glow and the stinging might have something in common!

AlternativeMoniker53 Wed 19-Mar-14 21:37:20

Thanks Puddles smile

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 19-Mar-14 22:54:13

The triple action is hydrated / unified (though 'peachy formula' - so coverage) / brightened (by 'complexion-enhancing pigments' - so probably light reflectors.

The stinging is a reaction!

AlternativeMoniker53 Wed 19-Mar-14 23:05:11

Oh, quite literally blush

Thanks Hazel. Does anyone want a barely used tube of Triple Active Glow?!?

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 20-Mar-14 00:07:17

Arf at blush

But a sympathetic arf!

AlternativeMoniker53 Thu 20-Mar-14 00:09:36

Why, thank you, I aim to please.

shoeprincess2 Thu 20-Mar-14 07:22:22

Has it got bismuth in it? If so, you could be allergic to it. I have to avoid a lot of things that are glowy (Bare Minerals Original being one) as this is a main ingredient.

AlternativeMoniker53 Thu 20-Mar-14 11:07:25

I fear I have done L'Oreal an injustice. This morning I went back to the last scraps of my old faithful Clinique moisturiser and got the same stingy face. I think it must be the tea tree shower products I've been using for the same space of time, they're somehow sensitising my face so that it's fine in itself but too sore for a moisturiser. Some time later, when the reaction had completely gone I tried the Triple Action Glow with no pinkness or soreness at all.

Sorry L'Oreal! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now