Talk

Advanced search

Benetint lip balm/stain substitute?

(14 Posts)
SnotandBothered Wed 19-Mar-14 10:25:18

The little glass jar has been discontinued. I am bereft. It was the only product I have ever been utterly loyal to.

I have the benefit benetint lip stain in the bottle with the brush but I loved the balm. The fact that it waa only produced in one universal colour meant it was always the perfect colour as it just emphasised your natural lip, and the texture was perfect when applied with a lip brush.
Is there anything similar out there?

ELR Wed 19-Mar-14 13:17:56

Not quite the same but a good substitute which I really like is the Burt's bees lip balm in pomegranate it's only about £3.50 too.

SnotandBothered Wed 19-Mar-14 13:39:37

Thanks ELR will have a look at it.

Any more for any more?

OiVaVoi Wed 19-Mar-14 14:49:23

Bodyshop do a good one, I prefer it to the Benefit one actually

littleballerina Wed 19-Mar-14 14:53:06

Another fan of the body shop one.

CrepeFoofette Wed 19-Mar-14 15:14:25

I have a bottle of this and it's a good substitute (at an even better price!).

www.mixmatchmakeup.com/technic-lip-/-cheek-tint

CrepeFoofette Wed 19-Mar-14 15:16:33

Oh, just realised it's out of stock on that site. It's elsewhere online though, Amazon etc.

SnotandBothered Wed 19-Mar-14 20:34:30

Crepe - i have the bottle one. It's the lip balm they've discontinued. But thanks.

I'll look for the Bodyshop one. Is it just in one colour like the benefit one? Loved that translucent red/pink.

SnotandBothered Wed 19-Mar-14 20:35:37

is this it?

www.thebodyshop.co.uk/shop-by-range/strawberry/born-lippy-pot-lip-balm-strawberry.aspx

grin @ £2

MsAspreyDiamonds Wed 19-Mar-14 20:53:43

Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream as a liptint available in pink or burgundy.

CrepeFoofette Wed 19-Mar-14 22:10:02

Sorry snot I got so excited thinking that I had the perfect product for you that I didn't read your OP properly blush

SnotandBothered Wed 19-Mar-14 22:47:54

Crepe that's ok. I might try it when the liquid benetint runs out smile

wrapsuperstar Thu 20-Mar-14 00:55:43

I like the Korres tinted lip balm pots, Pomegranate and Mango are my two favourite shades. Actually find them a lot more hydrating and more pleasantly fragranced than the Benetint one, too (though I completely agree the Benetint colour is ace!)

OiVaVoi Thu 20-Mar-14 06:26:38

this one http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/make-up/lips/lip-and-cheek-stain.aspx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now