Talk

Advanced search

you know those 'baby' face hairs?

(11 Posts)
JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 19-Mar-14 10:20:02

Now that I am nearing 40 and watching the adverts (never a good idea) I thought I should check out facial hair.

Those no-no things make out that we dont need to have any hair on our face and I always thought that I didnt have any. How wrong I was. Just looked and although definite no moustache on top lip I do have those fine v blond baby hairs on side of face.

Does anyone else get rid? If so, using what? In all my years I hadnt thought about this until the other day, now it is making me slightly paranoid.

craftynclothy Wed 19-Mar-14 10:37:54

I found threading was really effective but it irritated my (rather sensitive) skin so I gave up.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 19-Mar-14 10:46:37

hadnt thought of threading, might ask next time Im in for eyebrows

FrankCarsonsDressingRoom Wed 19-Mar-14 11:10:49

Why are you getting rid of it?!

It's the same as the hair on your arms etc, its there to protect your skin and it doesn't matter, it actually makes people look young in my opinion.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 19-Mar-14 11:43:28

It just seems to be more than I usually have. Not super long, just lots of it. downy hair.

ouryve Wed 19-Mar-14 11:48:29

Downy hairs are beautiful when they catch the light and have a softening effect, whilst completely bald skin can be quite ageing. Unless you can plait them, I'd leave them be.

francesdrake Wed 19-Mar-14 16:01:17

Marilyn Monroe had a lot of very fine hair just like this on her face, and it was what gave her that baby-faced glow in photos, apparently.

quirrelquarrel Wed 19-Mar-14 17:13:07

Hello Jax (you probs don't remember me but anyway) grin

Doesn't everyone have that hair? I have some and it doesn't bother me. I can only see it close up. Does it bother you?

FrankCarsonsDressingRoom Thu 20-Mar-14 07:25:04

Oh, leave it, I think it makes people look nice. However i speak as somebody who has downed tools since November after my 3yo announces that only men have hairy armpits. He doesn't think that now!

princessalbert Thu 20-Mar-14 12:33:26

I have a bit of that - always have had.

I think messing about trying to remove it could cause all kinds of spots and rashes.

I can't say it bothers me - a big dark moustache might, but this is very fine and blond.

I like the soft focus idea smile

JaxTellerIsAllMine Fri 21-Mar-14 07:54:18

thank you all. I do remember you quirrel of course I do. grin How are you?

Im not sure why it bothered me the other day, it just did. But reading the replies I am going to leave them alone. Id rather have the downy hair than a rash all over my face, I cant knit them together so its all good.

Bloody adverts making insecurity out of nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now