Talk

Advanced search

'Splash of red' wedding outfit help please!

(13 Posts)
andadietcoke Tue 18-Mar-14 21:32:05

I've been invited to a wedding and on the invitation we're asked to wear 'a splash of red'. Wedding is fairly informal I think with the reception at the couple's house but I'm going to a not at all informal wedding the month before so it would be good if I can double up (or dress up/down accordingly). Also have an evening wedding do next weekend

I'm a 14 top, 16 bottoms (but very heavy of thigh).

Budget of £200.

Thank you so much. I've trawled tons of websites tonight and haven't really got anywhere although there's a couple of nice floral numbers on the Monsoon website which could be a splash of red (might be more pink though!)

tethersend Tue 18-Mar-14 21:51:57

This is lovely

MadBusLady Tue 18-Mar-14 21:57:00

Funnily I have just been taking pictures of a dress I'm about to ebay that would meet that description. Phone is being a pain at the mo so I can't upload but it's the same as this one:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GORGEOUS-PHASE-EIGHT-ROSIE-LEE-BLACK-ROSE-LACE-EVENING-DRESS-UK-SIZE-12-/271424745554

This is NOT my ebay listing, it's just the same dress.

Mine is a size 14, but it's very generous and stretchy with lots of ruching etc. Looks way better on a real body than it does in that photo (or my photos). Happy to send it to you for postage if you're in the UK. Any good?

tethersend Tue 18-Mar-14 22:04:00

This with a red hat or red clutch and shoes...

andadietcoke Tue 18-Mar-14 22:07:21

Tether that's lovely, I'm just not brave enough to go that clingy (and they only have it in a large). I've lost 5 stone in twin baby weight and pre-pregnancy weight in the last 6 months and am still not at all body confident.

Madbuslady that's amazingly generous and kind, thank you so much. Is it very clingy (am still quite bottom heavy)? I do have some heavy duty knee to boob Spanx that could be employed! I can't just give you postage if you were going to put it on ebay though.

MadBusLady Tue 18-Mar-14 22:11:36

Well, if you insist the price of a bottle of wine then grin

What I'll do is have a try-on and a measure tomorrow. As I recall it is clingy, yes, but the ruching hides the lumps and bumps created by the clinginess.

andadietcoke Tue 18-Mar-14 22:32:28

Lovely. I have no idea what I measure but have found it on a few other websites and the reviews say how flattering it is.

My only concern is whether it's a bit black for a wedding.

MadBusLady Tue 18-Mar-14 22:33:47

I did wonder that too, think it would be fine for an autumn or winter evening do but it depends on the weather and setting.

Margene Wed 19-Mar-14 08:42:31

I agree with Tethers' last choice - the chiffon dress, lovely.
Or this one would work too, with a red bag - navy with a bit of red is always nice.

andadietcoke Wed 19-Mar-14 09:07:55

I got so distracted on the DvF website last night I forgot to come back! Found an absolutely perfect one and then it was only available in a size 2 so I got fed up and have up again. Love the chiffon one, would definitely get lots of wear out of it.

andadietcoke Wed 19-Mar-14 09:10:58

Apart from the evening wedding next week one is late May in Cornwall and the other is late June in Yorkshire. Should probably have specified this but think I'd be more comfortable in short sleeves or straps and a cover up.

Grrr. Seriously considering getting that chiffon dress anyway though!!

PrimalLass Wed 19-Mar-14 10:26:02

www.theoutnet.com/product/422164

This is nice too.

andadietcoke Wed 19-Mar-14 12:21:51

PrimalLass I have that in my shopping basket! Have been veering between the 10 and the 12 as boobs are definitely a 10 but hips definitely at least a 12

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now