Talk

Advanced search

I invented a new face mask tonight

(8 Posts)
TinyDiamond Tue 18-Mar-14 21:01:01

I was a little bored so for some reason I decided on a little variation of the aspirin facemask with added magnesium sulphate thinking that this would draw my spots out.

I crushed 4 aspirin into a paste as usual then added a small spoon of magnesium sulphate paste and mixed with the end of a teaspoon.
To make it a bit more face masky I put a squidge of actual clay face mask. mine is boots botanics.

I slathered the lot on and left it a while. I tell you what it did something as when I went to wash off one of my spots had popped WITHOUT ME EVEN TOUCHING IT. It was a bit good.

Can't visibly notice anything else erupting but skin feels very smooth.

phonebox Tue 18-Mar-14 21:09:23

Hmmm I googled magnesium sulphate and what you say seems to be true!

No wonder my dad used it successfully for a tooth abcess confused

NoArmaniNoPunani Tue 18-Mar-14 21:10:29

Yowsers. Was it a bit burny?

TinyDiamond Tue 18-Mar-14 21:45:30

Didn't hurt at all. Slight sting on my spots that's all. If I wake up a mutant I'll report back

my fave is lemon juice and baking powder, makes my skin clean looking instantly.

TinyDiamond Wed 19-Mar-14 12:35:03

Another spot had come to rhe surface this morning. Very pleased

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 19-Mar-14 15:42:14

That makes sense as MS paste is a drawing ointment. Where did you get it from? I can't find it anywhere these days and had to resort to making my own!

TinyDiamond Wed 19-Mar-14 19:32:49

I got it from my local chemist. £3.49 for a small tub but you only need a bit. I reckon using that amount I could do about 10 facials per tub. I am def going to do it again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now