Talk

Advanced search

What's a stipling make up brush?

(8 Posts)
golfergirl28 Tue 18-Mar-14 20:30:09

I know what stipling means but what does it do for your make up? And do I need one? Will I be airbrushed?

EyelinerQueen Tue 18-Mar-14 20:33:57

I think it's meant to apply the product more evenly and give an "airbrushed" effect.

I have the Real Techniques one but don't like it. The bristles are too long and they splay out. The brush also eats product making it not very cost effective.

This is the best foundation brush I've ever used. It is just amazing.

golfergirl28 Tue 18-Mar-14 20:36:03

Sorry.....stippling

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 18-Mar-14 22:00:25

Yes,I love the dome brush as well over the stippling one.

KB2651 Wed 19-Mar-14 00:03:27

They're good at blending the product. So dip
The brush in the product then dab it onto the skin creating a dotty effect. Then blend in a smallish circular motion (I do one way then another) to distribute the foundation across the skin. I love mine, personally would never go back to using my fingers or a foundation brush.

I have both the RT expert and the stippling. The expert face brush you sort of buff the make up in to your face in a circular motion - it's a much denser brush than the stippling one. The stippling KB describes pretty well.

Which I prefer varies but I find the expert feels a bit rougher and gives a heavier coverage. With my current foundation I really like the stippling brush for every day make up. I don't use any more foundation with one than the other as although the bristles of the stippling one are long the foundation only goes on the very tips.

The expert blends it in to your face more, the stippling sits it on top and I tend to leave my face for a few minutes to settle after using the stippling brush but it gives a very even finish.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 19-Mar-14 11:00:59

I don't dip my brush into the foundation - I dot the make up over my face and then buff in. Just have a play OP and see what works best for you.

Ilovecoodomol Wed 19-Mar-14 13:17:55

I do the same, if you dot on the face first you use less product, foundations can be expensive enough without letting a brush soak half of it up. The RT stippling brush is fab for powdered mineral foundations, I wouldn't use anything else, but for all others, liquid, cake etc the expert brush is great - I like a medium/heavy coverage though, horses for courses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now