Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Im stuck and need a hand..

(7 Posts)
fortheloveofmike Tue 18-Mar-14 18:03:32

I had a baby 7 months ago and even though I've lost 2 stone I'm still very flabby from under the boobs down to my thighs. Arms and shoulders ok and lower legs fine too.. im basically a hourglass shape but very fat round the middle so clothes that flatter an apple shape don't suit me but clothes that suit my shape show off my rolls way too much.
So can anyone give me a few ideas on what to wear now its getting warmer and my usual uniform of leggings long cardi with long top underneath and uggs isnt going to work much longer.
Am super casual and plain so dont need anything dressy at all. Have had a good haircut so thats cheered me up slightly but am feeling stuck in a rut with clothes to bridge the gap til I lose more weight.
Oh and im 5ft 8
Thanks

minipie Tue 18-Mar-14 18:08:05

im basically a hourglass shape but very fat round the middle so clothes that flatter an apple shape don't suit me but clothes that suit my shape show off my rolls way too much.

this is me too, waaah. except I'm 5'3 so long tops don't even work.

watching with interest.

I think I'm going to be living in slightly empire line dresses.

fortheloveofmike Tue 18-Mar-14 18:50:05

Bump!!

QuiteQuietly Tue 18-Mar-14 19:23:42

Nothing useful to add, but interested in replies! Congrats on the weight loss btw.

fortheloveofmike Tue 18-Mar-14 19:39:49

Thank you.. not quite sure how I did it but still got another 3 or so to go.
Would love to look a little more fashionable but nothing too daring. I tried some chinos on but I looked like my 80 year old nanna in them!! Not the look im after...
Look forward to some replies

Saurus72 Tue 18-Mar-14 19:51:49

How about a midi tube skirt from Whistles (but quick, the 25% Grazia discount ends today!), worn with a bum-length silk shirt? The tube skirt (in navy or black) is double layered, so will not make you feel self - conscious, and can be worn with tights until it gets warmer. These skirts are fab (there is another thread about them on here, maybe scroll back a few pages) - they have quite a smoothing effect because they are really good quality fabric (I think cheaper versions aren't necessarily). Plus, they will stretch back with you whilst you lose more weight.

If you wear it with a loose, nice shirt, you will cover the areas you're not happy with, but will still look nicely presented, and be comfy. Hobbs have some nice shirts. I would wear this outfit with ankle boots with a small heel which I think will be more flattering than flats.

fortheloveofmike Wed 19-Mar-14 10:20:08

Thanks will look into that...
Anymore ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now