Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of this dress?

(13 Posts)
HermioneSnape Tue 18-Mar-14 11:55:48

I'm a 14-16 hourglass, looking for a couple of nice dresses.

I had a wonder around next and bought the shoes and this top, but was thinking of either of these dresses?

Thanks x

roadwalker Tue 18-Mar-14 11:57:55

I like both of them
Are the shoes flat?

HermioneSnape Tue 18-Mar-14 11:59:10

Yes the shoes are flat roadwalker

I have been having trouble with finding comfortable shoes, even slippers usually rub me smile

But these are lovely and comfortable.

roadwalker Tue 18-Mar-14 12:02:31

I think I need to get to a bigger next (I have some vouchers)
I went yesterday and found nothing, small branch though
Do you remember how much they all were, I really fancy the shoes and the dresses

HermioneSnape Tue 18-Mar-14 12:04:30

The shoes were £40

The stripy dress was £28

The bird print dress was also £28

I haven't been in Next for ages, but I wondered around and saw a few things I liked.

roadwalker Tue 18-Mar-14 12:14:42

Thanks I feel a shopping trip coming on wink

Latraviata Tue 18-Mar-14 12:16:20

I am an hourglass and I would'nt wear such straight up and down dresses without a belt. I like the print of the bird one but again not the shape.

NathalieM Tue 18-Mar-14 16:32:07

These look lovely, I love the striped one! Ive fallen in love with navy at the moment so its an automatic yes from me! The striped dress looks structured enough to flatter but flowy enough not to cling, the perfect balance!

Those shoes are pretty too.

Enjoy!
Nat

HazleNutt Tue 18-Mar-14 16:40:14

love the stripy one, but depends on what it looks like on your figure, you can never tell only based on what it looks like on those slim models. Not too keen on the other, looks very straight up and down.

Like the prints.

I'm an hourglass to (classic/proper hourglass) and I never wear belts because they look ridiculous-I don't need to give myself curves.

If the dress fits it should be fine

Should add that body shape changes the look and fit of a dress.On an athletic person the dress will be more straight up and down than on a curvy lady,the curvy lady doesn't have to try and wear it straight up and down.

I'm an hourglass, and those would be too straight shaped for me. It's not that I would be trying to wear it straight but that it looks for the picture like they lack waist definition and I would therefore lose the slimmest part of my body

Depends on fabric though,stripey one looks a stretchy material.Dresses never fit hourglass normally anyway,so worth a try I say!

If not,take them in!

Either way I most definitely wouldn't do a belt with a striped dress and if you want the dress you make it work your way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now