Talk

Advanced search

Superb Curly hair haircuts in London anyone? Deva cuts?

(8 Posts)
Fooogle Tue 18-Mar-14 10:18:05

I expect this has been posted to death but I'm hoping someone can point me to a good curly hair cutter pref within the bounds on London. Not too £££.
I often go to Vidal Sassoon training place as it is cheap and sometimes interesting. I'm not afraid of having something slightly unusual but I keep hearing about Deva cuts and the like and wonder if there is a perfect cut hovering out there waiting to find my head. Not liking my hair at the moment; just too long, I look like a spaniel TIA

Fooogle Tue 18-Mar-14 12:07:57

shock no one found a good one either then?!

ncjustbecause Tue 18-Mar-14 14:38:57

Anyone at Brookes and Brookes, Holborn. I see Caroline or Emma normally, but would happily see anyone there. Consistency of great cutting. I am a curly and picky ;-)

MuffTheMagicDragonButter Tue 18-Mar-14 16:49:38

Do they cut dry, like the CG technique?

Fooogle Tue 18-Mar-14 19:33:08

Thanks nc...may have to brace myself. Vidal Sassoon is something hilarious like 14£ so I've been cheap a while.
Do they cut dry as muff asked?

ncjustbecause Tue 18-Mar-14 19:51:52

not with me, they may do with more formed ringlets.

My dsis is very ringletty and she used to get dry cut by a guy called fabio who used to work at nicky clarke. don't know where he is now, sorry.

I think a decent hairdresser would always finish dry if needs be. like they do with fringes. have a consultancy at brookes and a chat? I started going there about three years ago, after a trek round London and three different consultations.

You're very brave to use Vidal school for curly cuts! I've been a few times to the one behind bond st and it's can be nerve-racking. I got my highlights done at the knightsbridge school a few times too. That was great value, £30 for a full head. but took aaaaaaaages.

Fooogle Tue 18-Mar-14 20:32:06

Yes nc takes ages in general at Vidal doesn't it but I've struck lucky sometimes! I quite enjoy the zoning out for the first hour and half!

Not sure why I'm obsessing about dry cuts really.

Do brooks do a good shape?

ncjustbecause Wed 19-Mar-14 17:07:09

Foogle - you are just going to have to take the plunge and find out! Would you be able to have a consultation first or could you just book? Either way, report back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now