Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear on a plane ?

(16 Posts)
strugstu Sun 16-Mar-14 10:23:20

When travelling uk to somewhere hot I always end up overdressed in a hot airport or carrying coats and look like a bag woman - I never seem to get off the plane looking stylish and ready for my holibobs ! Anyone got any tips on what to wear/carry?

ilovepowerhoop Sun 16-Mar-14 10:27:07

cropped trousers or joggies and a t-shirt. Take a hoodie/cardie rather than a big jacket. I never look stylish though!

Theas18 Sun 16-Mar-14 10:27:12

Hee Hee

I'm with you- the overdressed bag lady look- but if you travel sleasyjet or what ever that's the only way to do handbaggage only!

BeaLola Sun 16-Mar-14 10:33:18

I dont wear trousers at all. I tend to wear casual maxi skirt and layers eg tshirt with linen shirt and a large pashmina size scarf to keep me snug during plane trip. I usually pack in hand luggage spare top or shirt for wearing when I get off plane- normally freshens me up after long journey.

Grumbliest Sun 16-Mar-14 10:34:35

Me too! I saw a girl at the airport and she was wearing grey slim joggers and a peplum top..simple but she looked so pretty,I incidentally had a massive parka on in super hot airport

strugstu Sun 16-Mar-14 10:54:57

Lol - know the feeling with sleezytypejet flights I end up wearing half my luggage.
I have brought a couple of beautiful shift type dresses that fold to nothing from primani - so could put one of those in my hand luggage for a quick change.

noviceoftheday Sun 16-Mar-14 11:00:52

I wear layers. Either comfortable slacks or jeans and a long sleeved tee. I then always have a cardigan. Usually longline as I get cold. I either take cardi off and put new short sleeve tee (carried In handbag) on or if it's a super hot, a dress that can keep its shape when rolled/folded up (but I dont do the dress thing if travelling with the dcs as too much hassle). If alone, I am always the annoying person who hogs the toilet at the 40 minute mark changing, brushing teeth and refreshing make up.blush

TheGrassIsSinging Sun 16-Mar-14 11:19:13

I dont dress up - I go for comfort and layers.

Leggings and a jersey dress or cropped, comfy trousers (and pack a spare pair if its long haul) and flowy top, a cardi and a big lightweight scarf for warmth. Comfy slip on/off shoes.

SoleSource Sun 16-Mar-14 13:01:37

A shell suit.

Bunbaker Sun 16-Mar-14 13:35:56

My problem is that I suffer from cold feet so I have to wear footwear that I can wear socks with. So I alway wear trousers. Last year I finally found a pair of Chinos from Wallis that were long enough for me to wear with converse style shoes (and socks) and not look ridiculous. I tend to wear a T-shirt and cardigan on top.

TSSDNCOP Sun 16-Mar-14 17:11:26

I wear a tunic dress with leggings underneath, leather sandals, a cardi and a pashmina scarf.

At (hot) destination I pop in the loo, strip off the leggings and cardi and pop into bag with pashmina.

Apply sunglasses and voila!

LordPalmerston Sun 16-Mar-14 17:16:19

thousands of threads on this in archives

strugstu Sun 16-Mar-14 17:31:22

Some good tips here - guys thankyou x x

Crutchlow35 Sun 16-Mar-14 17:34:54

I usually just wear jeans with my toms which are quick to get on and off at security. Similarly, no belt as it is a pain at security. Then a t-shirt with a cardi or sweater and a scarf.

QueenofLouisiana Sun 16-Mar-14 20:50:18

Long line vest to stop random drafts getting on my back and making me want to pee all the time. Cotton trousers and cardi. If travelling long haul I have lounge pants or yoga trousers and a long, thin jumper and woolly socks (and total change of undies!). I really appreciate the feeling of fresh knickers after a stop-over!

singaporeswing Mon 17-Mar-14 04:54:03

I travel a lot. I either wear slim grey Nike joggers or a maxi skirt, with vest top and plaid/denim shirt. Normally wear flip flops and pack a pair of socks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now