Talk

Advanced search

What to wear to a 'Ladies Day' type event?

(6 Posts)
VelvetSpoon Sat 15-Mar-14 22:58:05

Am going to an event in a few weeks - charity ladies day, lots of fizz and topless male waiters.

Cannot decide what to wear at all - any thoughts?

I do have a new dress which I'd vaguely thought I might wear (pic attached), but short of extreme liposuction there is no way it's going to fit in time, so need a plan b smile

MsAspreyDiamonds Sun 16-Mar-14 04:43:36

It is a lovely dress, is it possible to exchange if for a larger size? It is a shame to have a gorgeous dress like this just hanging up in your wardrobe. Try Vivienne of Holloway for similar styles.

VelvetSpoon Sun 16-Mar-14 07:37:06

Can't exchange it - it will fit me later this year smile just not by next month!

Am not even sure if I want to wear a dress really (or what else to wear), it was more that I had this already and thought I might give it an outing, had it fitted.

Financeprincess Sun 16-Mar-14 11:31:54

Definitely wear a skirt or dress. Those events are all about being a bit glam and girly. If you have a skirt that fits, how about buying a glam/chic cardigan and wearing those together, with some good shoes and a bit of bling plus maybe a nice hair slide/hair flower?

VelvetSpoon Sun 16-Mar-14 13:42:06

I've got quite a nice skirt, and a soft, short jacket, comes just below my waist (not describing it well!) that I could wear, but it feels a little bit work/officey?

Financeprincess Sun 16-Mar-14 14:47:05

Not if you wear it with a lovely, colourful scarf or a glam necklace. These events tend to be on the smarter side anyway (or at least the type I go to are!) so I bet you'll fit right in. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now