Talk

Advanced search

Dorothy Perkins fit and flare dresses...

(11 Posts)
PeazlyPops Sat 15-Mar-14 20:21:04

Suitable for work? Yay or nay? I have a couple in muted colours but I'm not sure if they are smart enough.

I usually wear trousers and a top with a cardigan or a shift dress but I wanted something a bit more comfortable.

I'd probably wear them with tights and heels or ankle boots.

Office is smart casual.

DoYonisHangLow Sat 15-Mar-14 20:22:03

Are they not sure super short?

DoYonisHangLow Sat 15-Mar-14 20:22:32

Sorry, not sure how the random sure got in there!

phonebox Sat 15-Mar-14 20:23:21

Wear anything with a tailored jacket and it usually instantly becomes smart.

PeazlyPops Sat 15-Mar-14 20:38:19

They are short on most people I think, but I'm 5'0 and they come to just above the knee, so fine length-wise.

Good idea about the tailored jacket, I have a couple of black ones in different styles that would do.

Nocomet Sat 15-Mar-14 20:41:09

DD has a floral one that would be fine with a blazer if your that hight. She's 5'5" and it's not especially short.

SwedishEdith Sat 15-Mar-14 20:44:51

I've a few GAP ones and they are not especially short - not like skater dresses. Ideal for work, I think. Not seen the DP ones but if the same length, they'll be fine, esp with a jacket

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Sat 15-Mar-14 21:01:19

I've got a few of these and they are quite a bit above the knee on me 5 7'', 33 long legs thou,I have a couple from the tall range as well and they sit just above the knee, I'm on mat leave with a 7 month old,so great for feeling dressed properly and still being comfy. I generally wear them with leggins/tights and boots.

Doubtfuldaphne Sat 15-Mar-14 21:23:10

I love the fit and flare style, it shows off my waist and balances out my body. It hides all the bits I want to hide (stomach and thighs!) too. You could definitely wear them to work. I'd wear with a tailored jacket or fitted cardigan and nice shoes.. Perfect!

MsAspreyDiamonds Sat 15-Mar-14 21:45:54

I wear my black DP fit & flare dress with a smart blazer, boots & tights and I don't look out of place in my work place
People at work fall into two groups: semi smart or v casual & I try to fall inbetween the two.

PeazlyPops Sat 15-Mar-14 22:12:20

Yes daphne that's exactly why I like them - they flatter my stomach and hide my thighs!

I'm new to wearing dresses, so I still feel a little self-conscious having my legs on show! I don't want to feel too casual on top of that, but a jacket will help, especially as the office is chilly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now