Talk

Advanced search

Casual skirts with elasticated waist...

(7 Posts)
Flowerface Sat 15-Mar-14 20:10:15

Typing 'elasticated waist skirt' into Google brings up some fairly horrendous results. I did ask about this last time I was pg, and Mumsnetters came up trumps so please can you help me again? I don't want to buy maternity wear and would like something I can wear before, during and after baby. Quite casual and seasonally versatile. If reasonably priced, that would be even better!

TIA

OuterFromOutersville Sat 15-Mar-14 20:19:19

I saw some elasticated waist maxi-skirts in H&M today? Cheap and nice. They definitely had black and dark grey.

ListenToTheLady Sat 15-Mar-14 20:19:25

When was single and had the means to shop at Jigsaw, I had a few elasticated-waist (and gorgeous not frumpy) skirts from there. The elastic was quite narrow and the skirts were bias-cut so you didn't get a big bunched-up waistband, it was very subtle. They would be perfect for maternity.

Have a look on ebay maybe? I've just had a quick look to see if I can find the sort of thing I had and here's one. They definitely do exist. This one doesn't say it's elasticated, but it does look like the ones I had.

ListenToTheLady Sat 15-Mar-14 20:21:20

another one

Dancingqueen17 Sat 15-Mar-14 20:21:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tuttifrootie Sat 15-Mar-14 20:24:20

I know you said not maternity but this skirt is so comfy

www.seraphine.com/navy-fold-down-maternity-skirt.html

I have not seen this style anywhere else and so after much searching I decided to order it (even tho I'm not...ahem...pregnant!) I just bought smaller than my usual size and it is fine and doesn't look maternity.

It is like the perfect skirt equivalent of yoga pants and I found it can double up as a v nice strapless sundress if you pull waistband up over boobs!!

ListenToTheLady Sat 15-Mar-14 20:34:58

Yes jersey maxi skirt is another great option:
like this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now