Talk

Advanced search

Michael Kors Jetset Tote - yes or no?

(14 Posts)
baggyb Sat 15-Mar-14 18:44:05

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Michael+Kors+Jet+set+travel+small+ziptop+tote/176444972,default,pd.html

Would get it in black. Should I go for it? If not, why not?

TacitusMouse Sat 15-Mar-14 19:08:29

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Michael+Kors+Jet+set+travel+small+ziptop+tote/176444972,default,pd.html

I like it in that it's very plain and inoffensive - is that what you're going for?

JapaneseMargaret Sat 15-Mar-14 19:11:23

I would've thought there were more inspiring ways to part with £220.

I get that you obviously want a simple, plain black tote, but peronally, I'd resent spending that much on that bag.

AwkwardSquad Sat 15-Mar-14 19:19:51

Personally, no. That's a good wedge of cash and I think you could find something much more stylish and interesting. But disclaimer here - I think MK is really frumpy.

Oldandcobwebby Sat 15-Mar-14 19:27:16

You could go to tk Max and find a dozen better looking (and not bloody plastic!) bags for the price of that. Disclaimer: I think all Michael Kors items look cheap and tacky.

lurkingaround Sat 15-Mar-14 19:39:25

A no from me too. They are 2 a penny around here. They look cheaply plasticky, uninspiring, and I don't like the terribly obvious branding. Sorry to be so damning, I don't normally, but I think it is outrageously bad value.

baggyb Sat 15-Mar-14 19:54:12

Thanks for the advice. It's the size and practicality of it that appeals. It ticks a number of boxes for me in that respect.

I'm never terribly impressed with TK Maxx, maybe I'm going to the wrong ones at the wrong time of day - I have friends who swear by it but I never seem to find anything that are quite what I'm looking for.

JapaneseMargaret Sat 15-Mar-14 19:56:33

Forget TK Maxx then, and just shop around.

If you've got £220 to spend on a bag, you can do better than this particular MK one.

Or, alternatively, just buy it if it's what you're really after. We're just offering opinions, but you know what you want. smile

TheJumped Sat 15-Mar-14 20:12:36

I like it actually, hadn't seen the ones with zips - far more practical than the open style ones.

But also think MK bags are getting a bit chavvy. Wouldn't stop me though - as long as you're classy you'll pull it off I'm sure.

<awaits flaming for using the c word>

hollyisalovelyname Sat 15-Mar-14 20:34:37

I really like some Michael Kors bags but not that one. I don't like the shape of it with the zip and I do like the JetSet totes. There is another Jet set tote with a zip- it is a different shape.
If you have anybody in the U. S. They are so much cheaper over there.?
MK is becoming too popular / common.
I've had mine for a few years though.
You can always take the MK logo dangly thingy off.
DKNY similar bags. Nice quality
Marc by Marc Jacobs are lovely too.
I hate too much bling on a bag.
Looking at you Paul's Boutique and Guess.

GoodnessKnows Sat 15-Mar-14 20:47:32

I recently bought a nice MK but had previously sworn never to (cheapened by their being so common and ... obvious). But I bought this one and it's v practical:
http://www.ab10.com/womens-c2/handbags-wallets-c32/handbags-c99/womens-michael-kors-jet-set-travel-handbag-in-mandarin-p34596?gclid=CLPZl7e0lb0CFYWWtAodCmcAig#240917
(Bought it at the outlet place in Bicester).

I've a friend who's found lovely big black bags similar in size and Shaw to yours but more stylish... from Primark and high street stores. I really love hers!

hollyisalovelyname Sat 15-Mar-14 20:55:33

I never, ever see nice bags in TK Maxx.
They probably send the sh1** stuff to Ireland grin

MrsHappyBee Sat 15-Mar-14 21:05:00

I love my jetset tote, its not plastic btw. I was looking at the LV neverfull, but this was a quarter of the price. Not sure about the zipped version though.

baggyb Sat 15-Mar-14 21:51:36

Thanks for all the advice, I'm still swithering!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now