Talk

Advanced search

Jeans/trousers brands that work on small waist/big hips

(18 Posts)
randommoniker Sat 15-Mar-14 16:40:40

Drives me mad. If the hips fit then they're gaping around the waist. I did get some of those Bold Curve Levi jeans once which are ok, but on the basis that some designers cut more to that pattern and others cut for a more up and down shape - can anyone recommend some good jeans/clothing brands that work with curvy bottom half? J-Brand jeans actually v. good, but would rather not have to fork out 200 quid plus a pair….. Any ideas? TIA

cherryhealey Sat 15-Mar-14 16:44:56

GAP for jeans grab an assistant and try on loads of styles
Monsoon trousers are good for small waist bigger bum
Just bought a pair of WhiteStuff trousers and they fit beautifully (24inch waist 36 inch hips)size 10 perfect

Next lift slim and shape jeans - they're quite high waisted but I have about a 14-15" hip to waist difference and they work on me. The slim leg ones are very nice

LocalEditorOxford Sat 15-Mar-14 16:59:17

Got some DKNY ones in a charity shop recently and they fit brilliantly - I've always suffered this issue, so was very happy.

herecomesthsun Sat 15-Mar-14 17:23:41

JBrand had some good reductions on Outnet this week, worth having a look

rookiemater Sat 15-Mar-14 17:47:04

Statistically - I tried on the Next lift and shape the other day and thought they fitted my huge hips and smallish waist quite well. however I didn't buy them as the last pair of Next jeans I bought went baggy within a day of wearing them and felt that £45 would be quite a lot to pay if the slim and shape did the same. Do they ? Or do they keep their shape?

Mine have survived pretty well - they loosen off a wee bit ( I don't wash my jeans after every wear - slattern!) but after a couple of days they're definitely still not too bad at all and better than most jeans I've tried. They may be worse in skinnies I suppose (baggy knees possibly) but the slim are pretty good

Never though I would recommend anything from next, I hate most of their stock!

rookiemater Sat 15-Mar-14 18:00:44

Thanks - I might get a pair then. Next is a real curates egg these days - I went in the other day and was pleasantly surprised by some of their summer range. Then I bought a top and on first wear some of the crystal bits were falling off ( serves me right for buying an embellished jumper) so I had to bring it back.

randommoniker Sun 16-Mar-14 10:03:28

Thanks v. much everyone. Never set foot in Monsoon, so that is interesting and worth a try. DKNY interesting too - as not a brand I've tried. May checkout Outnet also. I remember some Calvin Klein trousers being brilliant about a million years ago too - just throwing that one out there.

pinkflaming0 Sun 16-Mar-14 13:26:52

I second GAP. I have a small waist for my hip measurement and live in their straight jeans as I can't do skinny - can't fit my curvy legs into them.

rookiemater Sun 16-Mar-14 14:32:40

statistically I have bought a pair of the Next ones and shall hold you personally responsible if they go baggy !

Chocolateteabag Sun 16-Mar-14 17:53:15

Gap high waisted skinny jeans are working for me
They seems to only have them online though - and then with limited sizes

5madthings Sun 16-Mar-14 17:57:52

O got the high waisted sexy slim fit next jeans. Not their lift and slim ones a slightly cheaper style but they look the same.

They are pretty good, loosen a bit but can wear them a fee days and they fit nicely. I have a very hourglass shape.

mycatlikestwiglets Sun 16-Mar-14 20:59:15

Paige jeans are good but £££; I also have some by an Aussie brand called Nobody which are high waisted and fit well on the hips (but they weren't cheap either). I find Banana Republic Martin fit good for trousers.

QueenofLouisiana Sun 16-Mar-14 21:05:37

I had Levi's Demi curve jeans, their curve ones have an even bigger difference between hip and waist. You need to get them to measure you to see which would be best.

onepieceoflollipop Sun 16-Mar-14 21:09:57

I have s similar body shape. I usually buy a 10 in most brands, but I think my hips/bum are more like an 11 if it existed, or even 12, and actual waist probably an 8.
I got some red herring (debenhams) that fit well, they have slightly more lycra I think, and are flattering in the bottom area but not too gapey on the waist.
On occasion I have struck lucky in Wallis, but some of the styles can be less modern so not always successful.

Bunbaker Sun 16-Mar-14 21:12:00

I find that Levi and Gap jeans are too low rise for me and they cut in to my abdomen when I sit down. I am also forever hoiking them up.

Unbelievably, the last pair of jeans I bought were a perfect fit, and they were from Sainsburys. They have been washed several times and are very flattering on my pear shape.

evelynj Sun 16-Mar-14 22:44:30

Now that you mention it baker I've been living in the cords I bought from sainsburys- see they have some chinos so may try them....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now