Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding-friendly dress for wedding

(12 Posts)
Quodlibet Fri 14-Mar-14 22:20:52

Hello wise stylers

So I'm going to a wedding in a month, DD will be 4 months.
None of my wedding staples fit, or else they don't have boob access. Have discovered shopping with a small baby is NOT FUN so I'm trying to internet shop myself an outfit.

I was previously a 8-10, 5'7, now considerably more hourglass and probably more like a 12. Waist is pretty much back where it was though. I'd like to look hot. It's a fun wedding rather than a formal one.

Anyone seen anything nice?

tethersend Fri 14-Mar-14 22:41:25

What's your budget?

Would this work?

whereisshe Fri 14-Mar-14 22:44:29

this?

Quodlibet Fri 14-Mar-14 22:45:20

Cheaper is better - maternity allowance not going very far and I am optimistically not wanting to splash out on an investment as hopefully I'll be back to a 10 before too long!

Quodlibet Fri 14-Mar-14 22:49:22

I'm hoping this thread might be useful to others too!

I'm after something a bit more fun/less classic than that whereisshe - the colour is lush though.
I often wear vintage stuff (none of it bloody fits now though!) and like stuff with a 1930s/40s/50s cut.

onthehill Fri 14-Mar-14 23:12:00

50's style could be achieved with a full skirt and a top, if the top was a cowl neck drapey stretchy type you could pop a cardi over and whip it up from the bottom? If your shape has changed it might be easier to fit separates, and a full skirt and fitted top will show off your waist.

hollyangel Sat 15-Mar-14 00:47:59

What about this? Same great colour, but a little more fun?!

m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Untold+Dress+wrap+over/187364339,default,pd.html

Describe your dream dress, or show picture, I love hunting out stuff!

MsFanackerPants Sat 15-Mar-14 06:53:38

I managed bought this dress on ebay for a wedding next week which I can feed in, I have to hoik my boob up and out but it works and with a big satin wrap I shouldn't be flashing.

I've got another wedding to go to in July and have been eyeing up some dresses from Lindy Bop

Della dress, with a cardigan to wear over it to create a boob peep hole for feeding

Ionia dress also has a button front. I've bought one this week but need to see if my ginormous boobs will fit in it

cookie9 Sat 15-Mar-14 10:53:26

Maybe this. On sale now
http://www.seraphine.com/front-knot-printed-dress.html

HolyDrinker Sat 15-Mar-14 11:57:31

I just bought BLACK-10&refpage=dresses&view=2&searchpage=1&pagesize=18 this for the same purpose. Plan on jazzing it up with some acid yellow sandals. It's very flattering on.

HolyDrinker Sat 15-Mar-14 11:58:13

Link didn't work - it's the Hobbs Amaya dress.

Quodlibet Sat 15-Mar-14 13:52:34

These are great - thanks!
The Lindy Bop site is a gold mine - I've ordered a couple of things to see if they fit.

Also considering this one: Butterfly dress

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now