Talk

Advanced search

Help, in a complete rut!

(1 Post)
LlamateurDramatics Fri 14-Mar-14 21:45:10

I'm in need of a kick up the arse please, together with some practical suggestions if possible. I've spent most of the past five years either in maternity clothes or 'fat' clothes which were supposed to be a temporary thing until I got back into my old clothes but it never happened. My body shape has changed so much after my children that I have even less confidence than before and find that my old jeans leave such a belly hang-over that I can't wear anything remotely tight on top as I'm so ashamed. I live in mum jeans, sweatshirts and trainers and hate the way I look. I really, really want to dress better but have very limited money, no sense of what suits me these days and no confidence to try new things (or time to go shopping for myself!).

I have made some changes, I've had my hair cut for the first time in a year while and am making effort to wear make up in my new job. I usually go for FatFace/White Stuff type clothes but can't afford a whole new wardrobe. I'm not sure what I'm asking really but I'm dreading summer and need to do something. Maybe I just need some ideas for a small capsule wardrobe perhaps, especially for something to hide a post-baby belly for summer?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now