Talk

Advanced search

school sports relief. ....fancy dress.....plus size.....eurgh.

(9 Posts)
Inthebeginning Fri 14-Mar-14 20:16:52

I work in a secondary school and next Friday is sports relief. we have two options wear our sports clothes or dress as a sports hero.
I am a size 20-22. I have really nice/comfortable gym leggings and a long ish black top that I wear for exercising. but I dont want to wear them infront of my 11-16yr olds! I don't want to spend much money. what do I do?

earlyriser Fri 14-Mar-14 20:29:55

Borrow a judo suit?

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 14-Mar-14 20:31:32

Hmm, could you say that your sport is swimming, but that would not really be appropriate, so you had to accessorise <whatever you DO want to wear> with arm bands, goggles around your neck, etc etc?

Or, similar for other sports - just wear something that nods to sporty rather than is revealing/tight if that's not your thing.

Honestly people never think of all the ramification of these dress-up things, do they?

sassytheFIRST Fri 14-Mar-14 20:33:58

Can you borrow harry potter gear and a broomstick and go as a quidditch player?

Or wear jeans, a mans polo shirt, loads of chunky bling...darts player?

Chimchar Fri 14-Mar-14 20:37:39

You could wear a towelling robe with leggings underneath, flip flops and do the swimming accessories that Hazel suggested?

Or sallopettes and a coat and be a skier.

Or big baggy rugby shirt over leggings and be a rugby player?

Or a track suit and a whistle and go as a coach!

I hate dressing up!

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 14-Mar-14 20:39:18

Waistcoat and bow-tie = snooker!!

(do this one!)

WipsGlitter Fri 14-Mar-14 20:39:20

Great suggestions! I like the arm bands one!

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 14-Mar-14 20:40:12

OOOh, ooh - carry a small broom and be 'curling'

Timely.

Inthebeginning Fri 14-Mar-14 20:47:26

Thanks everyone going to have a good think about your ideas. They're fab!. Out of school I love fancy dress (not kinky) but they're all hyper on a Friday.....and none uniform too means you have to keep them on task and dressed up does not help!
I'd thought goggles and a synchronised swimmer cap? added issue is person who makes the rules bans jeans at any non uniform. so makes me annoyed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now