Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jeans - boyfriend, washed out, ripped?

(16 Posts)
SauceForTheGander Fri 14-Mar-14 11:46:29

What jeans are you going to wear this spring?

I've seen some boyfriend in Hush that look nice. Has anyone got them?

Or getting some ripped jeans and pretending I'm not 40. I need a change from my Top Shop skinnies in various shades of grey ....

I did used to spend money on designer jeans - just not sure I can blow £200 anymore ... Especially if passing jean trend.

alwaysneedaholiday Fri 14-Mar-14 12:09:47

I think I'm going to get a pair of these - good price for something I'm not sure about, and as you say, could be a short-lived trend

Sonotkylie Fri 14-Mar-14 18:23:22

Always ... I've just bought them. Great for the price but I have a sneaking suspicion that having worn them today, they have stretched a bit. Not a big problem but size down as far as you can!

FrugalFashionista Fri 14-Mar-14 18:40:13

I wear boyfriends a lot (am not going overboard with distressing) but actually I'm in love with a pair of mom jeans atm... wink I've seen perfectly good contenders at H&M.

GiniCooper Fri 14-Mar-14 18:52:37

I bought a ripped pair in Zara that won't break the bank and are fine for what you want them for. A passing trend.
I won't wear them every week, I reckon about 12-15 wears is about all I'll get out of them so zara it is!

SauceForTheGander Fri 14-Mar-14 19:14:44

Gini - I saw those and liked them. Might go for those and the hush boyfriend

I've heard good things about next denim too. Top shop don't seem the same anymore

SauceForTheGander Fri 14-Mar-14 19:15:20

Frugal - are the mom ones Top Shop high waist?

blibblibs Fri 14-Mar-14 19:22:10

Gap are good for the distressed boyfriend jean - I bought them last year and have started to wear them again this week.

I'm sure they must have more this year.

blibblibs Fri 14-Mar-14 19:24:06

www.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=89561&vid=1&pid=000928921000

SauceForTheGander Fri 14-Mar-14 19:29:30

Do they look nice with trainers? Have air max so they have a heel.

FrugalFashionista Fri 14-Mar-14 19:29:54

No, H&M but the TS ones look great too!

AndTwoBits Fri 14-Mar-14 20:18:20

I have bought a pair of distressed boyfriend jeans to wear this spring. Im going to wear them with brogues when the weather warms up. Still not sure what to wear on my top half but i am determined to try new styles once in a while. I was stuck in a style rut for years so trying to branch out sometimes!

alwaysneedaholiday Fri 14-Mar-14 21:36:29

sonotkylie - thanks, I thought they might stretch (Next denim always seems to, doesn't it?), but hoping that doesn't matter too much with boyfriend fit?

ToysRLuv Fri 14-Mar-14 21:42:20

The Topshop Mom jeans I have, do not have any stretch in them, so you have to get them at least a tiny bit loose.

cardoon Tue 18-Mar-14 13:48:41

Any feedback on the Hush boyfriends?

cardoon Tue 18-Mar-14 21:19:06

They're on back order now, someone must have them.....grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now