Talk

Advanced search

So, then, what coats/jackets are you all wearing this Spring?

(27 Posts)
MyRealNamesBernard Fri 14-Mar-14 10:14:00

I am in a bit of a style rut, at the moment, over what coat or jacket to wear. To be honest, I am always in a bit of a style rut at this time of year. Winter, I can do (big fur-lined parkas and duffel coats), but Spring I fail. I just end up sweltering in the winter coat.

So, what does everyone else wear? I need inspiration! (If it helps, I work from home and only get out of the house to do the shopping/school run) so don't need anything ultra-smart.

OuterFromOutersville Fri 14-Mar-14 10:25:18

I've just ordered a wool blazer, hopefully for spring and autumn.

I've been freezing in a summer jacket for the last week or so blush.

OuterFromOutersville Fri 14-Mar-14 10:26:01

What do you wear otherwise Bernard?

FracturedViewOfLife Fri 14-Mar-14 10:29:50

I will be wearing my black leather biker until it gets too warm.

Lj8893 Fri 14-Mar-14 10:35:26

My mum bought me a lovely brown leather jacket for my birthday so I shall be wearing that lots.

And I have my eye on this

PrincessOfChina Fri 14-Mar-14 10:38:24

I bought a clever parka from Oasis this winter which has a detachable faux fur lining, so I'll be detatching that and wearing onwards for a while. Otherwise I switch to blazers and scarves.

MyRealNamesBernard Fri 14-Mar-14 11:52:58

Thank you for your replies.

Outer: I am a bit of a boring casual jeans, jumper, shirt and converse sort of dresser. I either wear oversized shirt/jumpers with skinny jeans or boyfriend jeans with fitted jumpers/tops. I reckon the wool blazer might go well with the latter... might google that now.....

Lambzig Fri 14-Mar-14 11:58:57

I just bought this as a spring throw on jacket

www.thewhitecompany.com/offers/clothing/knitted-peacoat--navy/

I keep trying on jersey blazers, but they always make me look a bit frumpy.

AnnabelleDarling Fri 14-Mar-14 12:16:06

A trench coat.

Would go very well with what you wear and always looks smart. Gap do good ones.

Otherwise an olive green utility jacket would work.

AnnabelleDarling Fri 14-Mar-14 12:20:15

Trench

Peacoat

Utility

Redoubtable Fri 14-Mar-14 12:48:12

Marking my place; am overheated in my puffy padded and wool winter coats but freezing in my parka.
Where's the middle ground....I am wearing 2 fleeces today...must change before the school run!

Dancergirl Fri 14-Mar-14 12:52:53

I love spring jackets!

I have:

-Mint Velvet tan leather biker jacket with fur collar - Ebay bargain £50 smile

-Zara dark grey jersey blazer

-Boden denim photographer jacket

-Phase Eight long cardigan. It's very thick so I wear it instead of a coat when the weather's in between like now.

I've also got a Boden rainy day mac in black but usually only wear that in the rain!

aoife24 Fri 14-Mar-14 13:39:17

If it's not too cold, my lovely dusky pink coat I gt from Toast last year. It's a lovely weight, cocoon shaped and I don't care if pink might be so last season, I love it and it suits me.

MadBusLady Fri 14-Mar-14 15:25:22

For the last few springs and autumns I've been wearing a red trench mac thing from M&S intended as a dead cheap stopgap, but it's so useful. I'm wearing it now. If I ever buy a posh trench I would definitely consider red. As with red shoes it goes with a surprising number of things.

Hazelbrowneyes Fri 14-Mar-14 16:18:31

Minuet jacket in brown

Black leather biker jacket

Black poncho

Grey poncho

White and blue striped blazer

ViviDeBeauvoir Fri 14-Mar-14 17:08:10

I have a black leather biker, black peacoat, grey wool blazer, navy trench and a ilse Jacobsen long raincoat for the school run, which is the most flattering shape on me ever.

mewkins Fri 14-Mar-14 17:53:15

A jersey blazer (but I drive to work so don't have to be warm). I would love a navy trench as think it would be perfect for spring and winter jacket dilemma. Like the look of the one currently for sale in Gap.

totallyaimless Fri 14-Mar-14 18:51:07

Could someone please direct me towards a wool blazer? Would love one in blue, also, would love a jersey blazer but not too short? Help required, need to get out of the high street shops and onto some online hidden gems. Any help very much appreciated. I am 5ft 2 and a size 14 but trying to shrink to a 12.

MyRealNamesBernard Fri 14-Mar-14 18:51:45

This is all brilliant! I am torn between the red trench or a pea coat. I need a bit of warmth, you see. I am still open to more ideas, though!

Love biker jackets but I can't really wear very short jackets as they make my hips look strange and, sadly, most bikers are short on me.

I actually own a khaki cargo from last season but it's so thin it's practically a shirt, so it's for very warm days only.

I pretty much live in my biker jacket from March to May, unless it's chucking it down. I also have a cropped trench, a couple of fabric bikers and various little blazers, plus a plain cotton bomber jacket. I'd really like a v lightweight parka, for duller/rainy days.

Oh and cropped denim jackets for warmer days.

TheDayOfMyDoctor Fri 14-Mar-14 19:23:06

I always struggle with Spring outerwear too.i got a navy peacoat jacket a couple of years ago which is brilliant with jeans/trousers, but I over the last few months I've changed my work wardrobe so that I wear dresses pretty much all the time and have no idea what to wear over them! (I live in Scotland so warmth still important in summer spring).

southeastastra Fri 14-Mar-14 19:23:12

floral bomber from gap, it's very lairy but lovely

frankietwospots Fri 14-Mar-14 22:01:56

I have a number of Spring jackets:

This navy cotton parka from H&M:
www.hm.com/gb/product/15654?article=15654-C

A grey jacket from Mint Velvet (bought in sale and no longer online)

A jersey blazer from Gap in a fine pale blue/white stripe (Gap blazers are brilliant)

A Johnnie B navy jersey blazer from a while back

This grey bomber jacket from Next:
www.next.co.uk/x53110s2#660602x53

impty Fri 14-Mar-14 22:17:15

Trench

Black leather bomber

Grey leather biker

Black barbour -- for walking the dogs--

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now