Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for foot cream please

(20 Posts)
TigsytheTiger Fri 14-Mar-14 07:17:51

My tootsies are in need of some tlc, I've started doing a lot of exercise in the last months including running and they look and feel dreadful. Dry skins, hard skin etc. I'm looking for something reasonably priced that smells lovely and will moisturise and pamper my poor old feet!

UnicornCrisps Fri 14-Mar-14 07:25:46

flexitol products work well and are not too expensive

TigsytheTiger Fri 14-Mar-14 07:42:34

Thanks I'll take a look!

ggirl Fri 14-Mar-14 07:44:44

none of the decent ones smell nice tbh
flexitol smells like a nursing home
but you need one with a high urea content for feet

there's also one called ccs or ccf ? available in boots

Aquelven Fri 14-Mar-14 08:16:54

Aldi have a 10% urea one that smells nice, it's really good at softening & cheap, huge tube think its £1.99. Nicest smelling one that works is the L'Occitane foot cream.

MadBusLady Fri 14-Mar-14 08:30:26

Boots intensive foot softener. It's probably not quite as great as flexitol but doesn't have that weird sticky texture and awful smell, hence I use it more often hence it works better grin

Sorrytmifortoday Fri 14-Mar-14 09:15:48

Flexitol has dramatic results very quickly

SundaySimmons Fri 14-Mar-14 09:26:36

You could use any lotion or cream and slather on at bed time and wear cotton socks and your feet will be lovely and soft in the morning.

Use a foot file to keep a build up of hard skin at bay.

daimbardiva Fri 14-Mar-14 09:38:43

Yes, flexitol is v brilliant. V clinical looking and smelling but results are worth it

a soap and glory foot file and body shop hemp foot stuff worked wonders on my feet.

MadBusLady Fri 14-Mar-14 10:15:27

Depends whether you've got basically normal feet that need a bit of care, Sunday or hooves like mine! Ordinary creams and most files don't make a dent in them.

LoonvanBoon Fri 14-Mar-14 11:46:21

Aveda foot relief - it's effective & smells lovely. Flexitol is cheaper & possibly starts showing results more quickly, but I actually enjoy using the aveda, so that one gets my vote.

DidoTheDodo Fri 14-Mar-14 14:12:36

The Soap and Glory one seems to work well for me. Better than the Scholl one actually. No idea why!

OldBeanbagz Fri 14-Mar-14 14:20:42

I use CCS foot cream which was recommended by a chiropodist. It's work wonders on my dry feet.

Missred Fri 14-Mar-14 14:27:24

Give them a really good filing, then a scrub with salt or sugar and olive oil, rinse then slather with Vaseline and socks overnight. Cheapest way to do it, effective as more expensive products. The key to soft feet is persistence.

FossilMum Fri 14-Mar-14 14:36:29

Only one I've tried is E45 cream at night on my cracked heels - works a treat and no noticeable scent at all.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 14-Mar-14 14:41:55

The Aldi one is tons better then flexitol and smells better too plus you get a massive tube of it!

WillSingForCake Fri 14-Mar-14 14:43:09

Flexitol is amazing, and had a dramatic effect on my dry scaly feet! Their heel balm (which I use all over feet, not just heels) is better than their generic foot cream, but is a bit pricier. Sometimes on 3 for 2 at Boots though.

SELondonSwede Sat 15-Mar-14 06:42:15

I use a champneys foot balm frm sainsburys. It smells minty and with cotton socks at nights for a few nights always does the job for me. I file my feet when dry, then loads of footbalm, then cotton socks on. I do this about 3 nights a week and my feet are always soft.

TigsytheTiger Sat 15-Mar-14 11:06:03

Thanks for all your advice, I think I'll brave the smell of flexitol and give it a go, now the sun is out I'm even more conscious that there will be no hiding place for them in a few months time!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now