Talk

Advanced search

Need help choosing a dress

(9 Posts)
Pumpkinette Thu 13-Mar-14 22:32:17

Hi ladies, I've got a big night out tomorrow (work do - posh hotel - dinner / dance) but ive had a breakout of spots on my back. I was planing on wearing a halter dress but its now out due to said back problem.

I have a couple of shrugs but both are black and my dress is red with cream spots. I have an alternative dress that isn't as nice. If I post pictures of both could you please give your opinion on what looks best? Having a bit of a freak out just now.

Red dress with spots & black shrug - ignore the mis match shoes. Or black dress (again ignore the shoes - and the make up bag scattered in the floor)

Sorry the photos aren't great I had to take them in the mirror.

Lovethebubbles Fri 14-Mar-14 10:19:45

I really like both... They really suit you. I would probably opt for the black one, only because the red dress would look better with a cream shrug.... But I think if you really love the red one and would feel more glam in it then you can get away with the black shrug, if you wear black shoes. Have a great time!

Pumpkinette Fri 14-Mar-14 16:11:51

Thanks. I'm going to go with the red one. Popping over to my cousins to get her to work her make up magic on my back - I will take the shrug for back up but after a few drinks I probably won't even care. Was just having a freak out last night. I had just paid to get the red one altered an thought I wouldn't have been able to wear it.

DaftSkunk Fri 14-Mar-14 18:21:07

Love the red one!

SuburbanCrofter Fri 14-Mar-14 19:01:04

Vote for the red one here. It really shows of your figure.

Also I like bright colours, but I realise that's my own personal taste :-)

LoveVintage Fri 14-Mar-14 22:35:52

The red dress is lovely, and more flattering on you. Hope you had a good night!

HyvaPaiva Fri 14-Mar-14 22:36:46

Red one!

whereisshe Fri 14-Mar-14 22:39:07

I prefer the red dress even with the black shrug, but you need to sort out the bra situation... tis a bit saggy.

Pumpkinette Sat 15-Mar-14 18:46:52

My good strapless bra was drying when I took the photos (wonderbra one with the plastic 'hands') so I was wearing an old halter bra that's a bit stretched out - not that it was that good when it was new anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now