Talk

Advanced search

Dresses when very tall (6' 5)

(11 Posts)
ButterflyInReverse Thu 13-Mar-14 13:34:54

I'm trying to help my SIL find a dress for a wedding - she asked me. We live in a small town outside the UK so options for trying on are limited and she won't want to order too much online that needs to be returned because of postage.
She is 6' 5, 36 leg in jeans with flats, fairly slim up and down with a slight muffin top.
She loves maxi dresses but they're all too short.
Just looking for ideas from the style gurus here?

Northumberlandlass Thu 13-Mar-14 13:46:47

I am ONLY 6ft, so much shorter. I tend to stay clear of long dresses as I can't find one long enough for me!

There are hardly any shops which cater in store for me, I always shop on the internet and the choice isn't great. I have a friend who bought a dress from Vivienne of Holloway (Vintage style) and I know they ask for measurements. It would still be online, but possibly they could make one for your SIL?

I tend to buy dresses that don't have an empire line or waist band as neither fit correctly, the body con style dress suits me as while it might come up a bit short I don't look odd (ie waist band being under my boobs)

Northumberlandlass Thu 13-Mar-14 15:52:59

I've just had a look at ASOS Tall - if SIL likes maxi dresses, there is a nice one there

TalkinPeace Thu 13-Mar-14 16:20:15

www.longtallsally.com/p/tall/japanese-rose-print-maxi-dress-05G06#05G06MUL

Passthecake30 Thu 13-Mar-14 17:07:27

I'm also 6ft...I don't think she is going to find one unless made specifically for her tbh.

Long tall sally would fit to 6ft -6ft 2 at a push

Maverick66 Thu 13-Mar-14 20:31:07

Monsoon I'm 5ft7 and their maxi dresses are way too long for me

pseudonymity Thu 13-Mar-14 20:36:16

Search ebay for extra long maxi dress?

Northumberlandlass Fri 14-Mar-14 08:22:22

I don't do long dresses as they are never long enough - I did find one, plain summer dress but really not suitable for a wedding from Tall Girls.

Here is a link to Asos Tall -

Asos Tall

There are a couple here I would wear to a Wedding.

HTH

HilaryMantelshelf Fri 14-Mar-14 12:40:11

Dd bought her prom dress from Dress

We were pleased with the price and quality and they require numerous made-to-measure measurements including for length in regard to wearing heels or not so I would imagine of you telephone or email to discuss the length they could be really helpful.

HilaryMantelshelf Fri 14-Mar-14 12:42:27

Sorry, link here

Angel Dress

angeltulips Fri 14-Mar-14 14:10:15

Hm, a 36' leg at 6'5" is not too bad actually / I assume she is long bodied? Maybe she can find a maxi skirt (dvf had some nice ones and there was a pretty one from the row on the outnet I spotted the other day) and then a silk vest top?

Alternatively do 60s mini style - pick a dress that on regular height people would be just above the knee & wear it with flats, a duster coat & some mod jewellery? I've done that before for weddings when I was recovering from ankle surgery, and it worked really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now