Talk

Advanced search

Foam hair colour, which one for best, even results?!!!

(8 Posts)
HaveAGoodDay Wed 12-Mar-14 17:03:54

I plan to colour my hair in around 2 months time, if I can wait out that long! Reason being that I have abused my hair something shocking over the last few months with different dye jobs. The last one being a nice & easy light ash brown in liquid form, which resulted in an awful patchy muddy dark mess! I've quickly resolved that with a vitamin c & shampoo mix so back to what I had before which is a light goldly brown, perhaps a bit too 'reddish' hence why I stuck an ash dye over it.

Anyway I'm going to leave it alone for a couple of months, longer if I can as its soooo dry & not good. I'm pondering on a nice light natural brown colour a foam one for when I colour it next time, but what brand is best? I'm thinking foam might be easier to apply? I want one that isn't going to turn out too dark & too red! I want to cancel the reddish tones but, don't want to get that horrid khaki mud colour I did with ash dye. Hmm. That's a challenge!

thepurplepenguin Wed 12-Mar-14 17:09:00

Oh dear god, don't do it. I have never made so much mess as I did with foam do. Took me months to get rid of the last splodges from the bathroom, longer in fact than it took to completely wash out of my hair...

thepurplepenguin Wed 12-Mar-14 17:09:11

Dye, not do

HaloNight Wed 12-Mar-14 18:05:33

I tend to agree with thepurplepenguin on that one, I dye my hair loads and when I tried the foams they made LOADS more mess than the normal ones - all over my face/neck/lower arms etc as well as the surroundings! Definitely less easy to "contain" than the others. I also feel like the foams leave a weird "residue" on my scalp afterwards.....

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Wed 12-Mar-14 18:07:45

John Frieda does quite a good foam colour. I only stopped using it because I didn't like the range of colours.

CeeceeBloomingdale Wed 12-Mar-14 22:18:42

I've just discovered foam ones and think they are great and very clean but this is based on one application of the salon selectives colour I bought in poundworld blush

Cheesecakefactory Wed 12-Mar-14 22:49:31

Mines was like this, the one I used was nice and easy light brown. As for the dryness leave your hair one colour and use coconut oil on it as a repair mask/deep conditioner once a week and get dead ends chopped off.

Cheesecakefactory Wed 12-Mar-14 22:50:59

And use a warm brown colour, ash will make it greeny. The red tones in the warm colour will cover the blonde if that makes sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now