Talk

Advanced search

Advice for my dd re tinted moisturiser/bb creams

(16 Posts)
mrssmooth Wed 12-Mar-14 16:34:26

I'm hoping for some advice for my dd, who's 13. She has discolouration around her mouth which looks slightly yellowy. She is becoming very conscious of it and starting to feel embarrassed by it so (as well as taking her to the docs on Monday to discuss it) I thought it might be worth trying out some sort of tinted moisturiser/bb cream - something light but which will even out her colour. Does anyone have any suggestions (I'm thinking along the lines of high street brands rather than Lancome etc!)?

Innogen Wed 12-Mar-14 16:36:12

Love Rimmel. Very good, 'entry level' makeup brand. I'd buy her a concealer and some tinted moisturiser and have a girly day in the process. Teach her! And make sure she understands how to blend around the jaw line!

specialsubject Wed 12-Mar-14 17:32:17

remember who the 'face' of Rimmel is, and decide whether you want her to have your money.

plenty of other cheap brands.

mrssmooth Wed 12-Mar-14 18:00:19

I don't want to get into the "politics" of makeup .. I'm just after some recommendations for my daughter! confused

She will be taught how to apply the stuff - a pet hate of mine is the "ring" of makeup round the hairline and jaw!

Innogen Wed 12-Mar-14 18:02:33

Do you mean Kate Moss? I really like her.

Cocolepew Wed 12-Mar-14 18:04:02

My DD is 12 and I get her Boots, Natural Collection tinted moisturiser. Its about £1.99 and does the job.

sooperdooper Wed 12-Mar-14 18:05:27

I would take her to a proper make up counter and get them to match her skin tone properly, yes more expensive but you always get what you pay for with foundation imo.

I use a Clinique tinted moisturiser that's lovely

Cocolepew Wed 12-Mar-14 18:06:53

I would get her a concelear too, not the 'lipstick? kind but a cream or pen type one.
Rimmel, 17, NYC, natural collection , Collection, Miss Sporty are all reasonably priced.

hollyisalovelyname Wed 12-Mar-14 18:08:32

Boots do a complexion match.
Benefit - You Rebel - 2 shades to choose from I think. And a cool brand for a teenager smile

Looby12 Wed 12-Mar-14 18:26:03

Just so you know I found the benefit rebel ones greasy and struggled with the two colour choices as neither suited me.

Dd 12 has just started using avon bb cream.

I would however go to a make up counter for advice in your case due to the need to correctly cover/match the area round your dd's mouth. She might be better with cc cream.

Allthegoodusernamesaretaken Wed 12-Mar-14 18:44:39

How about a CC (colour correcting) cream? They are often lighter than BB creams which may suit your DD better.
L'Oreal Nude Magique is £6 in Tesco and is supposed to be good.

AntoinetteCosway Wed 12-Mar-14 19:09:52

The Natural Collection range is surprisingly good quality, very gentle on the skin and very cheap.

mrssmooth Sat 22-Mar-14 12:47:26

Thanks for the advice. We bought. A tinted moisturiser but it's not having any effect on evening things out so we're off into town this afternoon to see if we can find a suitable cc cream or light foundation.

mrssmith79 Sat 22-Mar-14 12:51:17

Nivea do some good tinted and bb creams. The L'oreal cc cream is good too, gives a nice natural finish - to neutralise a yellow tint I'd recommend the one in the purple tube.

EarSlaps Sat 22-Mar-14 16:45:47

Something like bare minerals over just moisturiser might offer better cover without being too full on. The concealers are pretty good.

WholeNutt Sat 22-Mar-14 16:50:47

How about boots colour match super light? Then she could just apply where she needed and she wouldn't look mismatched

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now