Talk

Advanced search

I'm having a fitting at Rigby and Peller after work today

(13 Posts)
MakeTeaNotWar Wed 12-Mar-14 14:08:28

And shall report back. I binned all my bras that saw me through two babies and am left with just two - one is a 34B (of course) and the other a 32D. I have small boobs. None of my bras fit. Am hoping for a revelation.

I once got two bras from R&P - it was an amazing experience. I was asked to strip to the waist, and the fitting lady came into the changing cubicle, looked at my front, kind-of spanned my back with her hands, went away, and came back with a bra that fitted me perfectly!

I bought two, and even though they were underwired (and due to my weight and side-boobage, underwires are usually very uncomfortable), they were the most comfortable bras I ever owned.

Unfortunately they were about £64 each, and I have never been able to afford to shop there again, and have gone back to uncomfortable bras. I do still have the R&P ones, but the wires have broken, so I took them out, and the lace is somewhat torn, and the fastenings are all bent - but despite this, and despite them being many, many years old, I still can't bring myself to throw them away!

iwantavuvezela Wed 12-Mar-14 14:20:45

I went before Xmas, got a perfect fitting bra! Enjoy, expensive but you know that already! Great service as well

SorrelForbes Wed 12-Mar-14 14:24:17

It's a lovely experience although I ME they don't always go tight enough in the band.

SpringyReframed Wed 12-Mar-14 18:19:46

SDT , what brand did you buy from R and P? Have you looked on Ebay for them?

OP, cant wait to here about your experience!

I haven't looked on ebay recently - that's a really good idea, Springy!

Allinafankle Wed 12-Mar-14 19:29:23

I had a bad fitting in R&P last year. Tried to convince me I was a 36G when in reality it wouldn't even do up without me turning blue! So glad I didn't part with silly money for one of their bras. Went to Bravissimo and got fitted in a 38F.

MakeTeaNotWar Thu 13-Mar-14 09:35:07

Well it was a lovely experience if eye-wateringly expensive! I was the only person there (went to the Bow Lane store) so it was very leisurely. I was sized as a 32C (selfridges once put me in an A-Cup, I really have v small boobs). I didn't see any bras less than $60 (I mean pounds but have a weird keyboard). Bought two every day bras and now that I know my size, hope to pick up bargains in TK Maxx. Got a Caressence plunge bra in nude and an Avero padded plunge in black - never heard of either of these brands before. Now I am sitting comfortable and pert but feeling guilty at the amount I spent!

SorrelForbes Thu 13-Mar-14 12:00:06

That sounds a lovely trip. Alas I'm sized out of the prettier brands at R&P. Make sure you hand wash them or if you really can't be bothered, out them in a laundry net on a gentle wash. No fabric conditioner!

Caressence is by Simone Perele and you can pick them up on-line at Figleaves and HoF.

The Avero one is a Marie-Jo (gorgeous brand IMHO) and you can find these on-line at Jolie Lingerie. It doesn't look that different from the Lepel Fiore Padded plunge but I'm sure it's much, much nicer quality!

Might save you a few quid!

HappyAsEyeAm Thu 13-Mar-14 13:05:54

I was had a recent intervention, and I am your size. I was planning a R and P trip, but I got some great advice on here yo try the lepel fiore padded plunge. It is gorgeous. And only about £13 on amazon.

MakeTeaNotWar Thu 13-Mar-14 13:44:16

Oh wow thank you both very much for the money saving tips!

OneDayWhenIGrowUp Thu 13-Mar-14 13:52:58

I had a wonderful R&P experience and didn't actually buy anything from them, as I prefer brightly coloured stuff and as it was end-of-season they only had black/white/grey/nude etc in my size, although everything I tried on was amazingly pretty. Agree nothing less than £60, a lot around £85 and some over £100. Sizing was amazing too- I went in wearing a bra I knew was the wrong size. She looked at me wearing old bra. Then looked at me without. Instantly she said "right, so that was a 34D yes? You should be in a 32F". Couldn't believe she got that right just from looking! The first bra she came back with felt like wearing air, I would have shelled out for it too if it had been in an interesting colour.

Leaving without buying anything- I was there for over half an hour- was not made to feel bad at all, service was fab throughout.

piratecat Thu 13-Mar-14 13:56:57

glad you had a good experience, i worked there back in the 90's!

deffo go on ebay and find them there.

marie jo last ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now