Talk

Advanced search

Concealer for very pale skin

(31 Posts)
FriedSprout Tue 11-Mar-14 20:20:38

I have incredibly pale skin, with dark under eye shadows and some redness around the nose (nice eh?)
I don't want to have to wear a heavy foundation every day though.

My GP suggested going on the pill because of spots and these are now clearing up nicely, but I still get the occasional one that needs dealing with.

My current concealer doesn't blend in without foundation over the top and I would like not to have to wear foundation if I can as I would like to look more natural if possible

I am a teenager and mum said I could come on here and ask you for advice.

Any ideas please, thanks

Puddles1234 Tue 11-Mar-14 20:48:54

Touché Éclat by YSL?! It's a cult classic now. Use sparingly under your eyes and around your nose and it should blend with your usual foundation.

FriedSprout Tue 11-Mar-14 20:59:23

Brilliant, mums got that , I'll go 'borrow' it , thanks smile

EyelinerQueen Tue 11-Mar-14 21:02:23

Touche Eclat isn't a concealer. It's a highlighter.

It will actually make your dark circles reflect more>

This Collection 2000 concealer in fair is very pale and it's bloody marvellous. I use it every day.

FriedSprout Tue 11-Mar-14 21:13:05

Thanks very much, sitting making notes smile

SecretRed Tue 11-Mar-14 21:14:09

The 'industrial strength' concealer from benefit is really good. I'm quite pale and am a big fan

Puddles1234 Tue 11-Mar-14 21:26:17

Touché Éclat will reflect light from the dark circles making skin look uniform and luminous.

Using a heavy concealer makes dark circles appear much worse. No decent make up artist would use a heavy concealer under the eyes anyway.

YSL market Touché Éclat for Dark Circles and fine lines and it's a cult classic with make up artists and the like.

LaTrucha Tue 11-Mar-14 21:57:50

Collection 2000 one is often mentioned on here. I used to use the Max Factor Panstick (and I think i may go back to it, considerint the unreasonable rash of hives I suddenly have today at the age of 40 blush

Belindaearl2 Tue 11-Mar-14 21:58:05

Boots No.7 BB cream in fair, for oily/normal skin is light & helps to cover up spots & give evenness. Use concealer on top as need-be (& avoid using too much) smile

goodasitgets Tue 11-Mar-14 22:13:06

This in "chantilly" is v pale. I know it's pricey but it's very pigmented so you don't have to use much
m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/nars-radiant-creamy-concealer/p423638#page_loaded

cpic Tue 11-Mar-14 22:24:05

I am a paley too - ask your mum to sponsor an outing to bobbi brown for their creamy concealer which comes with its own setting powder. they go super pale. it works on spots and dark circles. steer clear of the corrector though, too claggy.

DidoTheDodo Wed 12-Mar-14 09:55:33

I love the Benefit one whose name I forget. it's got a coloured centre and balm round the edges (it looks a bit like a lipstick) so it doesn't dry out and go cakey.
And lasts for ages too.

DidoTheDodo Wed 12-Mar-14 09:56:23

Oh, the other thing I do is to use the claggy bit round the top of my foundation with a brush.

sunshinemmum Wed 12-Mar-14 09:59:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TulipOHare Wed 12-Mar-14 10:14:05

The Benefit one mentioned by Dido is called Fake Up, and is quite good IME. I used mine up but didn't buy another. Instead I bought Benefit Erase Paste and I really like it - I am pale and have the lightest shade, which looks a bit worryingly dark in the pot but seems to blend lighter when on. It does a good job with the dark circles I've had all my life.

I used to use Touche Eclat and found it perfectly good on my circles when I was young and they were only moderate (ie before kids grin )

For redness in corners of nose (I have this too angry ) I like to use a bit of Benefit It Stick. It isn't cheap but it lasts forever. My current one was a magazine freebie and has been going for at least a year. The previous one lasted aaaaaages.

You might also want to look at tinted moisturisers and BB creams - they are not as heavy as foundation, but useful for days when you don't want to go bare-faced, and IME they do help with blending concealers and so on. I can't go without some kind of base now (aged 35) but I remember at your age it was literally just concealer, bit of anti-shine powder, eyeliner and lippy for a flawless finish grin

AntoinetteCosway Wed 12-Mar-14 10:23:09

The Collection one is fab and very cheap.

Elsiequadrille Wed 12-Mar-14 10:34:20

I'm very pale and use By Terry's Touche Veloutee. It's very good.

I think the coverage is better than the YSL, but for your age I think YSL touche eclat would do the job nicely (I used that all the time when much younger).

FrugalFashionista Wed 12-Mar-14 10:34:55

I'm so pale most foundations in the market are too dark for me (cool/neutral, so pink undertones suit me better):
These work and are noncomedogenic.
* Lily Lolo mineral concealer, lightest shade (can be worn on its own too, dab on with fingers or a brush)
* Revlon Colorstay concealer, the palest shade
* Physician's formula twin concealer, the pinker shade (eBay and US/Canadian drugstores)
* Bobbi Brown corrector in Light Bisque, needs setting with powder; pricey and not fully worth it ime.

FrugalFashionista Wed 12-Mar-14 10:40:16

Also, I find mineral foundation ideal for acne-prone skin, it's light and natural and 'breathes' and you can keep it super sheer. Lily Lolo have excellent pale shades, I'd try Porcelain, China Doll and Blondie, you can buy sample jars for just a few quid. Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation in Ivory is a good option for pale acne-prone skin but I prefer minerals these days.

skybluepinkwithpolkadots Wed 12-Mar-14 10:49:51

I can also recommend collection 2000 lasting perfection in fair, its bloody amazing! And the 17 phwoar paint is a little compact concealor and a dupe for benefit boing. Also brilliant and a little heavier

tobiasfunke Wed 12-Mar-14 10:58:49

I am very fair and have dark circles. I use touché éclat but like other people find it not so good now I'm a bit older. 'Quick cover' in extra fair No.7 concealer is very good. I bought the Collection 2000 one on Saturday after recommendations on here and so far it looks but I only use a tiny dot which goes a long way.

I also use a Maybelline stick foundation type thing called an anti-shine stick in Classic Ivory and I find it brilliant for a quick cover up of dodgy bits.

AnnabelleDarling Wed 12-Mar-14 11:56:13

I have been concealing dark circles for years. I have used everything! When my erase paste ran out recently I had a root around and found an old Touch Eclat. It is brilliant, I think I had stopped using it because of the 'it's a highlighter not a concealer' thing. Well I don't care what it is, it makes my circles disappear smile

sunshinemmum Wed 12-Mar-14 11:56:17

Elsiequadrille Wed 12-Mar-14 12:27:50

Lily Lolo is amazing. I always steered clear of mineral foundation as I thought it would be a bit Miss Havisham, but it's actually wonderful.

sunshinemmum Wed 12-Mar-14 13:01:00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now