Talk

Advanced search

Silver clutch - a handbag challenge

(13 Posts)
Justinepants Tue 11-Mar-14 19:42:31

I'm going to a wedding in three weeks. I have everything sorted except a bag.

I need something reasonably roomy as I'm taking children, so nothing sardine tin sized. There will no doubt need to be room for bribes (although I guess I may take another bag with things to keep them occupied in the evening if required).

I'm looking for something like this: Gerard Darel or this Marc Jacobs, but it would need to be a bit bigger.

I also don't want to pay more than about £25. Asking too much?

TallulahBetty Tue 11-Mar-14 19:49:07

I have this which is nicer and bigger in real life than it looks.

I also have this which is gorgeous and I want to use it with everything!

Justinepants Tue 11-Mar-14 19:57:57

I love the sequin one (and might have to buy it anyway) but it's just a bit too blingy to go with the rest of my outfit - lace dress, velvet jacket.

I'm not so keen on the other one. I think it may be something to do with the clasp.

Justinepants Tue 11-Mar-14 21:37:30

Anyone else with any suggestions? [hopeful face]

HyvaPaiva Tue 11-Mar-14 22:00:41

I have this box clutch (mine is black), I love it. It's a decent size and a classic shape. I use mine for any night out as it's great to dress up or down.

tethersend Tue 11-Mar-14 22:17:39

here

here

Justinepants Tue 11-Mar-14 22:21:52

Thanks, Hyva. That's nice but I think a bit small. Sorry I'm being fussy.

I've found a couple on ebay: Roll top but I'm not sure if it looks quite tidy enough.
And this one: Boden which is a bit more than I wanted to spend but I might get quite a lot of use out of it (I realise it's just ended but as it hasn't sold, I'm guessing it'll be relisted.
What does anyone think?

Justinepants Tue 11-Mar-14 22:38:30

Hi Tethersend. Nice bags. Do you think adding another texture is going to be too much?

The dress is this one and I'm wearing it with a slightly shot velvet Avoca jacket.

tethersend Tue 11-Mar-14 23:06:28

I can't see the dress- the link is to another bag...

Justinepants Tue 11-Mar-14 23:15:11

Sorry, getting my cutting and pasting mixed up. Dress is here

madammecholet Wed 12-Mar-14 10:17:36

Dune in sale

yoox

zalando

Amethyst24 Wed 12-Mar-14 10:58:45

Do you have a big Topshop near you? They have a gorgeous range of larger clutch bags.

Justinepants Thu 13-Mar-14 23:23:30

Hi lovely ladies
Sorry I've not been back.
Zalando's looks very good.
I'm also quite near Top Shop so I'll try and pop in next week.
What did anyone think of the ones I found or adding another texture with the lace dress and velvet jacket?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now