Talk

Advanced search

Bare feet, socks, pop socks (!) or what?

(8 Posts)
Chocolategirl7 Tue 11-Mar-14 18:19:23

I always struggle in this period ( which will hopefully start soon) between boots and socks and bare feet and flip flops. I have Converse, ballet pumps and (new) brogues. But my feet get cold if I go with bare feet but not sure what to wear! Socks don't suit when you can see them and pop socks are awful! Please help - what do you wear ?

bishboschone Tue 11-Mar-14 18:21:39

I wear bare feet and converse type pumps . Hth

Nocomet Tue 11-Mar-14 18:26:26

Socks and I don't give a fuck. Bare feet in anything other than leather lined sandals are vile.

christinarossetti Tue 11-Mar-14 18:36:24

Oh dear I wear black ankle height pop socks under trousers. Are they really such a fashion faux pas?

truelymadlysleepy Tue 11-Mar-14 19:09:34

Don't, I wore 7/8 trousers with cute pumps & pop socks last week. I looked down at my legs during a meeting and they looked orange with hairs very visible.
I'm in long trousers until it's too hot not to. With socks.

CMOTDibbler Tue 11-Mar-14 19:14:59

converse or brogues would be socks, ballet pumps bare feet or the weird socklet things

Athrawes Tue 11-Mar-14 19:24:33

Here where it is warm in summer we wear sandals and no socks. If it is cold enough to wear long legs (trousers) then you can wear socks and shoes (converse etc).
That said, I can wear shorts, woolly jumper, puffa jacket and sandals and no one thinks it is odd in NZ.

TallulahBetty Tue 11-Mar-14 19:51:08

Socks. Warmth over style smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now