Talk

Advanced search

Incredibly dry knees

(10 Posts)
HappyAsEyeAm Tue 11-Mar-14 15:59:56

It doesn't seem to matter how much I moisturise my legs, my knees are always very, very dry. I know that when summer comes and I get out the fake tan, it will stain my knees and make them really dark compared to the rest of my legs. I need to sort it out. What can I use on them please?

AmazingDisgrace Tue 11-Mar-14 16:03:33

Champneys 4 day moisturising scrub is really good, I also have dry knees and elbows and its sorted them out. I scrub it on dry skin then rinse off in the shower.

Catswiththumbs Tue 11-Mar-14 16:07:14

Use a moisturiser with urea.

And exfoliate

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 11-Mar-14 16:09:26

I already use a 5% urea moisturiser (the flexitol one for legs). Maybe I should use the flexitol for feet as thats 20% urea. Hmmmm.

I love champneys bubble bath so will give the scrub a go, thanks.

CointreauVersial Tue 11-Mar-14 17:58:21

Immediately before you apply fake tan put a layer of moisturiser on your knees (and elbows) as it stops too much colour being absorbed into the dry areas.

SpringyReframed Tue 11-Mar-14 19:13:53

Bio Oil.

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 11-Mar-14 20:06:25

I have bio oil, so I will definitely give that a go. Good tip about putting a layer of moisturiser on my knees too before fake tanning. Moisturiser doesn't really absorb into my knees at the moment, so I will try all of these things.

SavoyCabbage Tue 11-Mar-14 20:08:30

I put Vaseline on my feet overnight if they are dry. It's really effective.

Walnut8 Wed 12-Mar-14 01:19:03

Id give the moisturiser 30 mins to soak in on knees/elbows otherwise ive found either the fake tan balls up and is harder to apply and/or is patchy. Then once youve finished applying the tan get an old flannel or towel and rub your elbows and knees.

As for actual problem of dry skin, I have no idea! Nothing ive tried works to date but maybe I need to be more diligent about moisturising & exfoliating regularly

CeeceeBloomingdale Wed 12-Mar-14 22:27:34

Soak yourself for ages in the bath, pumice stone aggressively on dry bits, cream with urea afterwards is my method

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now