Talk

Advanced search

Body lotion fading fake tan?

(11 Posts)
shelldockley Tue 11-Mar-14 13:34:43

I remember reading something somewhere, that said that many moisturisers contain an ingredient that fades fake tan, I can't remember where I read it, and no amount of googling can find it, does anyone know about this?

I have definitely noticed the times when I've been very careful about looking after my tan and moisturising every day, it actually fades faster than when I don't look after it! This might be the reason! So I need to find a moisturiser that doesn't fade a fake tan, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for on the ingredients list. Does anyone have any ideas?

KatoPotato Tue 11-Mar-14 13:37:36

Dove fades fake tan.

I use Australian Gold Forever After moisturiser which has hemp in it and does extend the life of my tan and smells lovely. I get it at my beauty salon.

shelldockley Tue 11-Mar-14 13:46:34

That sounds great, will have a look at that, thankssmile

squoosh Tue 11-Mar-14 13:52:45

All body moisturisers will cause your fake tan to fade. The fake tan is just a dye clinging to the outer skin, showering, moisturising etc. will cause the skin to shed quicker.

KatoPotato Tue 11-Mar-14 13:56:06

However moisturising will help it fade evenly.

shelldockley Tue 11-Mar-14 14:05:55

That's a good point squoosh however I'm thinking about when I go on holiday and will be needing some kind of aftersun lotion. I suppose constantly applying spf can't help the tan either then!

Catswiththumbs Tue 11-Mar-14 14:47:55

St tropez do a moisturiser that isn't meant to fade your tan.
I think oil is bad?
Or get after sun with a hint of tan?

shelldockley Tue 11-Mar-14 14:56:22

Just had a look at St Tropez and they even do an spf with fake tan in! I think you'd end up with orange hands though applying that at the beach wouldn't you!

shelldockley Tue 11-Mar-14 15:17:19

Thanks Catswiththumbs St Tropez do an aftersun with gradual tan in it, that might be the answer. Now I'm also wondering whether insect repellent fades my tan on holiday too.

WholeNutt Tue 11-Mar-14 15:21:51

If you're going on holiday grab some Elemis tan accelerator and use it before you go and whilst on holiday. I got my best tan ever using that and it prevents prickly heat.

shelldockley Tue 11-Mar-14 15:49:20

That sounds great WholeNutt I get prickly heat as well! Off to google

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now