Talk

Advanced search

Summer work wear, what shoes do you wear?

(9 Posts)
Used2bthin Tue 11-Mar-14 10:43:11

I have to look smart at work for the first time as I have a new job. I wear ankle boots with trousers or with a pencil skirt and cardigan done up or a blouse at the moment.

I am gradually building up my work wardrobe and am enjoying being a bit smarter, I think I could still do wi a shift dress possibly but the weather recently has been a bit better and I realised I have no idea what I will wear in summer and still look suitably smart. I guess, a version of my current stuff, lighter pencil skirt and short sleeved blouse perhaps or shift dress with short sleeves but then what shoes? Do I still have to wear tights? I suppose I will have to wear thin flesh colour ones but that will be boiling wont it?

I know it isn't the most important question in the world especially given that its cold out there today but I do have some vouchers so thinking perhaps spring /summer work shoes would be a good way of spending them.

SarahGoodwin33 Tue 11-Mar-14 14:25:18

I love my peephole heels for work if I am bare legged having said that I tried some toe less tights and they work great as they give your leg a slight sheen but don't look obvious.
For office work I just do low kitten heel or ballet shoes which work with slim trousers or pencil skirts.

Used2bthin Tue 11-Mar-14 15:19:50

Thanks for the ideas, I have never heard of toe less tights where do you get them from?

I saw some nice wedges with peep toes today actually and was wondering how I could make them work for work. I prefer flat shoes but somehow can never find smart enough ones for work.

jocastafantastica Tue 11-Mar-14 16:41:57

toeless tights are fab! you can get them in M&S, I wore them to a wedding last year and no-one noticed, legs looked so much better than bare (well mine do anyway........)

Used2bthin Tue 11-Mar-14 17:26:26

I had never heard of them ! Will look out for some at m and s then as have been struggling to spend some gift vouchers there.

CointreauVersial Tue 11-Mar-14 17:54:21

I don't wear tights to work in the summer. I wear low heeled courts or sandals.

Used2bthin Tue 11-Mar-14 20:29:59

I hate the feel of tights at the best of times so may end up doing the same for less formal days I think then tights with no toes for when needed!

MadBusLady Tue 11-Mar-14 20:57:37

I cannot sing the praises of nude hold-ups enough. They are weirdly unfashionable but give you coverage on the leg without muffling up the fanny which is what makes tights hot IMO - and they stay up! Or at least mine do, I have loads of Pretty Polly, some John Lewis. Best to trial a new make under trousers so you can be sure they won't slither down over the day. Doesn't hurt your mood that they are sexy as hell either grin

I have tried the toeless tights but they have a thong bit between the big toe and the rest which starts to slice into my feet after a few minutes walking.

Used2bthin Tue 11-Mar-14 21:19:18

I have problems with the length of tights as I am 5.9 and so that is a good point. I can get round it by wear Xxl tights though generally. The pull ups are also a bit short on me but I haven't tried them for years so I may be basing that on the short dresses I used to wear rather than the knee length ones I would now wear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now