Talk

Advanced search

What outfit would you wear on a night out if you had to wear flat shoes?

(14 Posts)
sweetheart Tue 11-Mar-14 09:51:41

It's my birthday soon and I'm trying to plan a night out but I'm feeling really rubbish about it because I have an injury at the moment which means I can only wear flat shoes sad

I love to get glammed up and wearing heals is a big part of that. I have short stumpy legs and a huge fat arse so wearing heals really makes my figure look better.

I know I'm not going to enjoy going out looking like a short, fat frump so please can you inspire me with some outfit ideas that will accommodate my hatred of flat shoes?

Dumpylump Tue 11-Mar-14 09:55:28

Maxi dress and sparkly, or gold/silver flatties?

TravelinColour Tue 11-Mar-14 10:43:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MyRealNamesBernard Tue 11-Mar-14 12:07:51

Agree with Dumpy that a maxi dress/skirt is the way to go here. Wear with a simple top, statement necklace and waist-length jacket. There are loads of ideas for styling maxis on Pinterest.

sweetheart Tue 11-Mar-14 12:16:41

Don't think a maxi is quite right to be honest. I only wear them in the boiling hot summer which it's not going to be in March. I'd feel pretty mumsy going to the pub in one on a Saturday night I think sad

TravelinColour Tue 11-Mar-14 12:24:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blaineisnotanappliance Tue 11-Mar-14 13:30:48

Swing dress-have a look at Lady vintage. Some of their new prints are really pretty. Blazer or cardi,sparly ballet flats and a good bag-sorted.

AndSheRose Tue 11-Mar-14 13:46:48

Skinny jeans/ jeggings, long (hip length) but tarty glamourous, strappy top, - think silk, sequins etc. Have some fun with your hair and make-up - new hair clips, back-comb a bouffant, false eye-lashes or a bright red lipstick etc. Focus on your top half, stand up straight and enjoy being comfortable for a change :0) Have fun

sweetheart Tue 11-Mar-14 13:46:52

I would usually wear either a dress with heals or maybe skinny jeans with a blouse and blazer again with mahoosive heals! They are a staple of my going out wardrobe sad

MyNameIsKenAdams Tue 11-Mar-14 13:48:05

I quite often wear flatties.

Navy ballet flats, skinny jeans, black floaty top, little gry blazer and a clutch and nice earrings.

sweetheart Tue 11-Mar-14 13:48:23

AndShe - have you seen any tops like that you can show me? I have short hair so not much I can do with that. Will go check out lady vintage thanks

Stokey Tue 11-Mar-14 14:05:27

I like a flared mini skirt and top tucked in with flat shoes - ballet or brogues. Wear with a cardie or cropped jacket.

sweetheart Tue 11-Mar-14 14:07:05

Would you wear thick tights with that? I really don't have the legs for mini skirts!

sweetheart Tue 11-Mar-14 14:07:23

Think tree trunks with cellulite sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now