Talk

Advanced search

What shoes would you wear with this?

(8 Posts)
chainedtothedesk Tue 11-Mar-14 09:17:34

I'm a jeans and boots girl but would really like to wear more dresses. I've just bought this one in olive (biege in my opinion).

http://www.cathkidston.com/garden-birds-dress/view-all/cath-kidston/fcp-product/1002859 (in olive)

I've bought it with a view to wearing it 'everyday' - not literally, but not saving it for special occassions (as I have so few!!), but in a couple of weeks I'm going to my father-in-law's 80th birthday party and thought it would be nice to wear it there. So really I need shoes to wear with it as a special occassion dress, and shoes to wear with it on a day-to-day basis.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Lj8893 Tue 11-Mar-14 09:26:06

Its a really cute dress. Would look lovely with a pair of ankle boots in a beige for a more relaxed look or with a cute pair of Mary Janes in any of the colours on the birds for a smarter look.

chainedtothedesk Tue 11-Mar-14 09:51:03

Can I wear brown tights? My legs arent ready for public display yet!

Lj8893 Tue 11-Mar-14 09:54:20

I don't think tights would work with it tbh, but someone may come along and say different.

Nude tights would be ok.

Elsiequadrille Tue 11-Mar-14 09:57:25

I have the garden birds skirt, bought last year. I've been wearing with boots and tights over the winter. Perhaps also ballet flats, ballet style wedges, sandals.

I think you could get away with brown tights, possibly, as it's a heavier, rough, material, from the a/w range.

Elsiequadrille Tue 11-Mar-14 09:58:32

I think nude tights would definitely work with the shoes (and as it's still quite cold).

chainedtothedesk Tue 11-Mar-14 10:50:22

Elsiequadrille I liked the look of the skirt too. What colour top do you wear with yours? I have a mustard/yellow cardi which I think will look OK as there's a bit of yellow on the birds? Pity the dress doesn't come with a belt as I really think it needs it.

Lj8893 love the idea of little ankle boots or Mary Janes.

Thanks

Elsiequadrille Wed 12-Mar-14 11:06:11

I have the charcoal colour, so I wear with red and purple tops. I think the mustard would definitely work for the olive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now