Talk

Advanced search

Would this outfit color combo work and help me accessorize for Chelt Races

(9 Posts)
AngieM2 Tue 11-Mar-14 08:51:34

Hi S&B gurus. Can you tell me if this outfit combo would work and help me find the accessories. Wearing a DVF wrap type dress (that kind of material). Dress is a pattern of grey/navy/white, wearing with a very smart navy parka type jacket/coat. I'm planning on wearing it with black boots and tights and with my new gorgeous red bag. So my question is....will black boots and tights go with the dress and jacket given it's black with navy (I'm never sure if navy and black should be together) Add to this the lovely red bag, was thinking of going for a red scarf and belt, just so the bag doesn't look a bit odd...or would it. If the bags ok on its own then fine but if not I need to source a think red belt (leather) and scarf, maybe silk? So sorry for the long post.

AngieM2 Tue 11-Mar-14 15:12:54

Anyone?

Puddles1234 Tue 11-Mar-14 16:13:17

What are these boots like?

I personally would not wear boots to ascot so I wouldnt ton Cheltenham either.

Your outfit sounds lovely but lose the tights and boots and opt for some stiletto pumps or delicate barely there sandal.

Keep the red bag and maybe opt for some red stiletto pumps?

Ladyflip Tue 11-Mar-14 17:08:47

I think you'll be perfectly acceptable in boots and a laughing stock in stilettos. Cheltenham is very much about the racing, not the fashion, and takes place in March rather than summer.

I thought the dress code was tweed (any colour), hat, and warm boots, provided they are smart. Scarf optional. Leather gloves a good idea. Have fun OP!

LordPalmerston Tue 11-Mar-14 17:10:01

pictures mate

AngieM2 Tue 11-Mar-14 19:30:33

Thanks for the advice, will try and get a photo of the dress and jacket. i have two boot options, both black and fairly smart, one flat and one small heel (2.5 inches). Lady I agree that its winter, definately not Ascot in terms of dressing up. Were in the Club enclosure and most friends have said anything goes, though women tend to dress up a bit. I've heard dresses/boots and skinny jeans/heels perfectly acceptable. Will try and put the outfit on and photograph it but I'm crap at selfies!

AngieM2 Tue 11-Mar-14 20:27:11

Pics here.

AngieM2 Tue 11-Mar-14 20:30:21

Or this one. Ignore that I look like a chunky dwarf - its the camera angle

mirpuppet Tue 11-Mar-14 23:06:27

I prefer option 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now