Talk

Advanced search

Thin but curly hair just looks cack all the time

(4 Posts)
mistressploppy Mon 10-Mar-14 20:20:01

What can I dooo? It's always been curly but the texture seems to have changed, and I have that shit growing-in-after-baby sort of tufty fringe thing going on. I hate the way it kinks at the roots. It's fine, not wiry, but looks frumpy because of the frizzy curliness. The ends aren't too bad - they seem to be wavy.

I think I need product but I'm too lazy to style it properly every day

AnaisB Mon 10-Mar-14 20:44:53

I think we are hair twins.

As soon as it was remotely long enough I got the post baby fringe cut into an actual fringe, which is now a side fringe. If I straighten the fringe it looks groomed and my overall hair looks a bit more groomed, even though it isn't.

If you want the curls to stay avoid things that people with thick curly hair suggest - rich conditioners and oils just way mine down. Half-up half down styles work for me at the moment - do they for you?

mistressploppy Mon 10-Mar-14 20:51:36

I'm so idle I never really style it blush, so I'm not even sure what a half-up would look like!

I think I need to get some kind of product and try to embrace the natural curl - you make a good point about the weighing-down problem though

AnaisB Mon 10-Mar-14 21:02:49

The pink curl creme from boots is good - you only need a tiny bit. Have you tried it?

By "half-up half-down" I just mean I clip bits of hair back from my face. It makes the top smoother and shows the curls underneath (which for some reason are nicer in my hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now