Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone ever been to a Boden Watehouse sale?

(12 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Mon 10-Mar-14 14:28:03

Could it be any cheaper than that sale they had the other week? Is it chaos?

Gillybobs Mon 10-Mar-14 14:45:02

Yes and yes

When I went all trousers and tops were a tenner

It was hilarious. Like a rugby scrum. People with kids strapped to their back as they waded through piles of shoes. Stank of nappies as no-one wanted to stop and change the poor wee souls bums

Worth it though if you are a fan

Lighthousekeeping Mon 10-Mar-14 15:46:29

I though it might be less hectic on a Friday!

snowgirl1 Mon 10-Mar-14 16:11:20

Where's the sale and when, please?

member Mon 10-Mar-14 16:17:21

I've posted recently on here in response to somoene asking the same thing. The most recent one I went to was practically all rejects/faulty - including a pair of child's trousers where the fault was a huge rip in the area between the front pocket & fly!

Personally, think they've gone downhill since they put an outlet store on ebay.

Lighthousekeeping Mon 10-Mar-14 18:58:03

Oh if it's going to be like that I won't bother. Olympia on 21st March. Maybe I shall ring and ask.

kaumana Mon 10-Mar-14 19:20:34

I've been a couple of times and have never bought anything. IME it was a load of tat and I barely recognised anything from past catalogues.

StarsAbove Mon 10-Mar-14 19:37:26

Used to be good (I've been to about 5) but now just stuff in odd colours. It's like a jumble sale, stuff in plastic boxes everywhere. I don't think it is that cheap, I got a cashmere cardi for �40 last time, I think it is the same or more than sale prices. I'm not going to bother going again.

AmberNectarine Mon 10-Mar-14 20:41:29

I've only been to one about two years ago, but it was bedlam. Everyone just grabbing piles of stuff, dragging it to the side and then pawing through it. I did get some nice bits but it was a bit terrifying.

Lighthousekeeping Mon 10-Mar-14 20:44:44

If they had another flash sale it would soon go.

ManateeEquineOHara Mon 10-Mar-14 21:06:09

Yes! Spent money I didn't have, stood in a hideous queue with a load if Boden-mum parodies, and felt rather panicked as I shopped. Got some nice things but wouldn't necessarily go again.

GoAndDoSomeWork Mon 10-Mar-14 22:22:21

Yes - went to one a couple of years ago - put me right of boden - most of it seemed to be really poor quality materials and felt and looked horrible ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now