Talk

Advanced search

Isabel Marant sizing?

(9 Posts)
ProjectGainsborough Mon 10-Mar-14 09:46:41

I have my eye on a jacket from Isabel marant Etoile. I'm small-of-boob size 10, but with fairly broad shoulders, so wondering whether a 12 would be better, since French sizes always seem to be on the small side...

Any opinions?

santamarianovella Mon 10-Mar-14 11:41:14

Their sizing is a bit on the small size,I'm a 36fr,and I sometimes take size 38,for a more relaxed fit.
which jacket is it? I bought the gaylord tweed jacket recently,and it was true to size.

ProjectGainsborough Mon 10-Mar-14 11:43:11

That is the very one! Do you like it now that you've got it?

Sleepwhenidie Mon 10-Mar-14 11:48:34

I have a Monty jacket and I find it small on the shoulders (I have quite broad/strong shoulders...I have seen Santa <waves> - and she does not grin). I wear my size but done up it is a little too snug looking...but I always wear it undone so not a problem! If you want to wear the Gaylord one done up I'd try the next size up smile

santamarianovella Mon 10-Mar-14 11:51:53

I couldn't resist not buying it! I tried it in matches,when they started getting the spring stuff in,the SA told me it would be a crime not to get it,not like the other marant jackets i have, its more fitted on the waist,very flattering,with jeans,skirts,or slim trousers. Very ,very happy with it. I suggest if you live in London to go to liberty or matches,and try them,I tried it in both 38 and 36, but decided on 36,

ProjectGainsborough Mon 10-Mar-14 11:59:07

Oh, you are making me REALLY want it now! Not in London, but I work there sporadically, so guess I need to schedule a trip to the shops to the office soon. grin

santamarianovella Mon 10-Mar-14 12:25:27

Waves back to sleep ,you don't have broad shoulders!

gainsbourgh I recommend matches or liberty,they have the best selection of marant,or maybe their boutique at bruton street,although I find it very uninspiring,

ProjectGainsborough Mon 10-Mar-14 12:28:55

Well I have a £5 off voucher for Liberty (which will help with the cost enormously ) so I think it is meant to be...

Thanks both for the advice!

ProjectGainsborough Tue 18-Mar-14 10:52:43

Just wanted to come back and gloat say thanks for the advice. Finally ordered it from Matches, as it was selling out everywhere and I was scared it would be gone by the time I got to London.

Ordered it in the 38 and it is perfect. Haven't taken it off since! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now