Talk

Advanced search

Boden Casual Jersey dress for an 'apple'?

(7 Posts)
Nancery Sun 09-Mar-14 22:15:35

this

Anyone got one...? Am round round the middle and self conscious about it but wondered if this would flatter or make me look pregnant?!

bewleysisters Sun 09-Mar-14 23:48:44

Haven't tried this one, but as a fellow apple I steer clear of drapey jersey dresses from Boden as they tend to cling to my tum. I get on better with more structured fabrics: their ponte dresses or lined cotton shifts? Free returns at moment though so you could always try? (Please report back if you do).

Deathwatchbeetle Sun 09-Mar-14 23:49:29

Oh good grief! A boden dress that is not made of Viscose!!!! (Faints).

I guess it depends how 'appley' you are, and how busty. It does have stretch to it. Well, if you like it, get it, you can always return it. I wouldn't go for the very busy print though - even though it might look like it will disguise the tum I think it will actually point it out more.

Would be interested how it fits as I am an apple too but most of the Boden dresses I likehave been made with that vile viscose stuff.

AmpersandRea Mon 10-Mar-14 00:04:22

I got this dress (the blue floral) on Friday and I love it!
I'm an apple shape (size 14) and carry most of my weight on my tummy. There is a little bit of gathering over the tummy area, but not enough to make it look like a maternity dress.

Try it. You can always send it back.

Nancery Mon 10-Mar-14 11:01:50

Thanks everyone! Ordered, so will report back

polyhymnia Mon 10-Mar-14 11:20:34

Hope you like it. I have a total of 3 now -really nice for casual summer wear. And cool when it's hot.

Does seem to suit me, but I'm a tall, large hourglass.

polyhymnia Mon 10-Mar-14 11:21:52

PS if you do like it they are doing some more prints in their high summer range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now