Talk

Advanced search

Wearing Primark to a wedding?

(16 Posts)
talktotheface Sun 09-Mar-14 14:16:09

I have 5 weddings to attend this year and only one existing dress I can feasibly get away with wearing.. As 4 of the weddings are within the same circle of friends I figure I need 3 new dresses. Eek
I bought 2 dresses yesterday, one in Oasis sale (£10) and one in Primark (13). So I was feeling quite chuffed but now panicking that everyone will know I've been to Primark and I will be judged amongst a sea of Monsoon, Coast and other such posh wedding guest attire.
So is it acceptable to wear Primark to a wedding??

southeastastra Sun 09-Mar-14 14:17:41

i went to selfridges yesterday and there is a primark concession in there - yes wear it!

Funnyfoot Sun 09-Mar-14 14:19:11

Of course. As long as you feel good and look smart then what does it matter where you bought it from. Some nice accessories and you will look as fabulous as everyone else smile

Swifey Sun 09-Mar-14 14:19:17

Yes of course, no one will know, if anyone asks, then tell them its vintage, or that it was written up in The Times Style magazine as 'The' dress of the season and so you just had to have it !!! ��

Swifey Sun 09-Mar-14 14:19:51

What is it like?? Obviously not if its bum skimming!! Ha ha!!

Ragwort Sun 09-Mar-14 14:20:25

Seriously, why do you 'need' new dresses - I have worn the same 'best dress' for years grin - I am hoping my friends are more interested in seeing me that what I wear.

I never forget an acquaintance, when I complimented her on a dress she said 'oh goodness, it's a couple of seasons old' confused.

No one will know you have been to Primark unless they go there themselves, and if that embarrasses them then they won't mention it grin.

BackforGood Sun 09-Mar-14 14:20:55

Of course it is - who is going to know where it's come from ? confused.
It is also perfectly acceptable to wear the same dress to more than one occasion.

DaftSkunk Sun 09-Mar-14 14:25:36

I too have bought a Primark dress for £13 which I really like (wonder if it's the same one?!) for a wedding. I couldn't give a shiney shite if anyone judges me for it.

talktotheface Sun 09-Mar-14 14:30:33

You are all, of course, right. Primark it is! And I have plenty of heels I never get to wear in a variety of colours so perhaps spicing up the same dress with different accessories will mean the £13 wonder-dress will make more than one outing..
Thanks for your comments. Just need one final piece of advice.. Dress is quite short (not quite bum skimming grin) so do I risk fake tan or are tan tights acceptable?

GemmaTeller Sun 09-Mar-14 14:34:32

...I was mother of the groom recently and my outfit cost........
£10.15 for a coast dress and £6.20 for a hat off ebay and I got loads of positive comments (the dress is beautiful)

benjalamummy Sun 09-Mar-14 14:41:50

The kind of person who would judge you by where you shop? Hhhmmmm, where would I even start.
Wear your lovely dress and have a wonderful time smile

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Sun 09-Mar-14 14:48:30

I only have one 'good' dress that I have worn to 2 weddings so far. I have 2 weddings to go to this year and will wear it to both. So what if people have seen me in it before?

Do people really have to have new things for every occasion? I note that this only applies to women as most men will wear their best suit, which unless they work 'in the city' is likely to be their only one.

TessTackle Sun 09-Mar-14 14:48:50

Tan tights never look good! Fake tan and buy a pair of the little bum shorts they sell in primark (£3) if it's one that's likely to blow up smile

Casmama Sun 09-Mar-14 14:49:03

The only people who know it is primark will be people who shop in primark and therefore are unlikely to judge.

JanePurdy Tue 11-Mar-14 19:50:21

I was a bridesmaid in a primark dress!

member Tue 11-Mar-14 19:56:06

Depending how you accessorize it, no one is likely to be any the wiser. There'll no doubt be a sea of Jaques Vert/Frank Usher etc which will have cost £££ but will ultimately be polyester wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now