Talk

Advanced search

Designer bag on ebay.....

(13 Posts)
butterfliesinmytummy Sun 09-Mar-14 13:55:21

I bought a designer bag on ebay for half its retail price. It's new with tags, got all the holograms etc. seller says it's authentic (of course), unwanted gift. Now I'm worried it's a fake. If it is, what can I do? It should arrive next week..... I'm probably having a wobble as it was expensive.

MissOtisRegretsMadam Sun 09-Mar-14 14:03:57

Did you look at what else they are selling?

buttercrumble Sun 09-Mar-14 14:05:54

Can you link it so that we can see , and also members on the purse forum website could authenticate it for you. I hope it's ok smile

impty Sun 09-Mar-14 14:11:54

I sold two Gucci bags on ebay. I bought them at a Gucci outlet, in a sale a very good price. They were sold twice each and the buyers wobbled and cancelled the sale! I wasn't surprised really, as it probably did seem to good to be true! They were both eventually sold, and I made enough money to pay for my Gucci bag.

I did explain the story though, and I enclosed a copy of the receipt as verification. Although that doesn't really prove much. However, they were real, and they did get a genuine bargain.

butterfliesinmytummy Sun 09-Mar-14 14:12:52

Ok its here. I've wanted one of these for ages and just went for it..... Didn't know about a purse forum, can you link that for me?

Do you think I could take it in to the Chloe shop when it arrives to compare it with their originals? I'm in the US btw.

butterfliesinmytummy Sun 09-Mar-14 14:15:25

Also the seller has been on ebay for 10 years but only sold 19 items, and not bags. Located in California. I did check that out before bidding!

butterfliesinmytummy Sun 09-Mar-14 14:17:27

I know this model of bag well and have seen some shocking replicas online. The proportions seem good and the lines are right. It's been out for over a year now so hoping like impty that it was bought in a sale / discount.

impty Sun 09-Mar-14 14:28:40

Fingers crossed for you...

Yes, I would take it into a shop. In fact can you get Chloe to check the tags/ verify the certificate of authentication for you? Just to put your mind at rest, or to make a ebay case.

Did you pay paypal with a credit card? If there's a problem can you do charge back? (I think that's what it's called in the U.S)

buttercrumble Sun 09-Mar-14 14:32:09

I hope it's a good un , how did you pay? I bought a fake Chloe paddington a few years ago. Luckily the seller refunded the money straight away when I complained , and I just sent the bag back

butterfliesinmytummy Sun 09-Mar-14 14:39:50

Yes I did pay by paypal and have just read that you can open a case with ebay if you have been sold a fake item as something genuine... Fingers crossed!

TacitusMouse Sun 09-Mar-14 15:53:57

If you upload it here forum.purseblog.com/chloe/ (as in photos of it when it comes) they're normally quite good at telling you if it's real too

butterfliesinmytummy Sun 09-Mar-14 17:39:02

Thanks Tacitus, just posted on the purse blog.

Toofattorun Sun 09-Mar-14 18:09:31

You can send all the pics in the world but that would be assuming that the picture of the bag on ebay is your bag.

I bought a Mulberry Roxanne handbag on Ebay uk a couple of years back. It was 550gbp and was second hand. I couldn't believe it when I received a brown large Jiffy envelope with my supposed Mulberry bag inside!?!

Needless to say it was a blatant fake. I was beyond gutted. The photos on the website were obviously not what I received. The bag was flat and plastic and really poorly made. I could've made a better bag myself and I'm no Kirsty Allsop.

I raised a complaint with ebay and they eventually got him to refund me. They also told me to burn the bag but the seller wanted it back so I sent it because he knew my address and I didn't want any trouble.

I will never buy anything expensive from ebay again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now