Talk

Advanced search

Am I too old......

(18 Posts)
fedupandfifty Sun 09-Mar-14 12:58:36

......to get my nose pierced? I'm 54. Been dying to for years but never have because of work. Should I?

SundaySimmons Sun 09-Mar-14 13:04:43

I think it looks horrible.

My teenage daughter has a few piercings and I would never have a facial piercing.

But if it's something you really want, then do it as long as it doesn't affect your job prospects. Nose piercings are pretty tame in comparison to other piercings.

My daughter has the side of her nose pierced and under her nose, like a bull.

She does all her piercings herself but I strongly suggest you get them done professionally to minimise any chance of infection.

FauxFox Sun 09-Mar-14 13:04:53

You can get magnetic studs or clip on rings for cheap off ebay/amazon, why not try one out before you go for it for real?

tonyblairsreallygoodlegsnbutt Sun 09-Mar-14 13:10:14

Why not if you like it? I know lots of women who have a small stud in one nostril. Looks quite nice imo.

baskingseals Sun 09-Mar-14 13:19:55

I would say do it. I had one in my twenties and loved it.
Age is nothing but a number.

CorusKate Sun 09-Mar-14 13:22:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CuttedUpGrape Sun 09-Mar-14 13:50:30

go for it! after all, if you end up hating it (fingers crossed you won't) you just take it out again.

I used to use copydex and stick a diamante on mine blush

AndTwoBits Mon 10-Mar-14 11:02:52

No you are never too old! If you have been wanting to do this for years then you should definitely do it!

OneLittleLady Mon 10-Mar-14 11:11:19

If you really want it, go for it. Age is irrelevant.

FracturedViewOfLife Mon 10-Mar-14 11:15:03

Go for it.

I had lots of piercings and don't regret any of them. They have all been removed now. If you hate it you can take it out.

FracturedViewOfLife Mon 10-Mar-14 11:16:14

Oh meant to say that no, you are definitely not too old.

TheFarSide Mon 10-Mar-14 11:16:43

Do it. I'm 51 and secretly hankering after a tattoo.

Blaineisnotanappliance Mon 10-Mar-14 11:19:57

I had one when I was 18 but mine kept falling out all the time as I have a greasy t-zone. Of course you are not too old-in your prime woman! I really want either another tattoo or a labia piercingblush but think dh would not be impressed.

KimSlazinger Mon 10-Mar-14 11:23:15

Defo wouldn't let age stop you. Find joy in the little things wherever you can. If this would make you smile, do it!

Joey8 Mon 10-Mar-14 11:39:21

Go for it, I agree age is just a number!

I used to have my nose pierced until it fell out whilst I was sleeping. Totally healed overnight. I didn't feel like getting it re-pierced :-/

Especially as when I had it done, the guy used a 'gun' to do it rather than a needle which I hear is the correct method? Don't feel like risking the structure of my nose any further!

squoosh Mon 10-Mar-14 11:57:05

Personally I don't like nose piercings, I always think they look like a spot.

But I don't think you're too old for one. Honestly, ignore the rules.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 10-Mar-14 12:02:22

Do it!

My mum's about to get hers done and she's 66, it'll look lovely on her too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now