Talk

Advanced search

Need your opinions on these shoes please.

(39 Posts)
OhTheDrama Sun 09-Mar-14 12:36:23

I need some shoes to go with my Gap Khakis that I wear for work in the spring/summer. I have them in olive, beige and navy. I like these they look comfy and durable, I'm on my feet a lot and I also have to have covered toes. DH has just snorted when I showed them to him but my DM likes them.

Please don't suggest ballerina type shoes as I'm heartily sick of them!

bishboschone Sun 09-Mar-14 12:37:29

How old are you? Why not wear pumps ? They are really bad sorry .

MrsBennetsEldest Sun 09-Mar-14 12:38:34

Hideous. Sorry.

Absolutely hideous. Sorry but they are really, really awful.

OhTheDrama Sun 09-Mar-14 12:39:40

35, I had a feeling I would get that response!

HelloBoys Sun 09-Mar-14 12:39:59

There are better shoes out there.

Link to the trousers please? And I assume that you can be pretty casual?

fedupandfifty Sun 09-Mar-14 12:40:56

I like them! I'd wear them myself if my legs weren't so stumpy. They're quite brogueish - and brogues are trendy, right?

somedizzywhore1804 Sun 09-Mar-14 12:41:31

They are quite ugly. What about a summery wedge type thing? Not a sandal- closed toe but sort of smart espadrilles?

myalias Sun 09-Mar-14 12:42:05

Prefer these to the frumpy lace ups www.clarks.co.uk/p/26102583

OhTheDrama Sun 09-Mar-14 12:46:21

Gap Khakis. My dress code is smart casual, usually wear a nice blouse or shirt with them. Need to be comfortable as move around a lot. Mental health setting, not allowed exposed toes for H&S reasons. Anything with a heel wouldn't be practical either.

TheBuskersDog Sun 09-Mar-14 12:46:52

My mum wouldn't wear those and she's 78 with 'difficult' feet.

Funnyfoot Sun 09-Mar-14 12:50:02

What about these:

www.next.co.uk/x532334s2#662084x53

Erm. The trousers look v casual to me, so personally I'd probably wear them with ballet shoes, maybe leopard print, to 'dress them up' a bit.

noddyholder Sun 09-Mar-14 12:52:58

No they are not nice at all! Ballet pumps or loafers? Or brogues with flexible sole

Still v ugly but not as ugly as the OP ones and probably comfy

DomesticDisgrace Sun 09-Mar-14 12:53:46

Ah they're vile

HyvaPaiva Sun 09-Mar-14 12:54:49

They are so bad!

Would something like this work? If you're going to the sportier/more practical side of smart casual they might be suitable. They go with the trousers you linked and smarten them up a bit. They aren't the greatest looking shoes but have a better shape and are smarter than the first pair while still comfortable.

Earlybird Sun 09-Mar-14 12:55:16

Many people I know who are on their feet all day (nurses, etc) wear a version of these shoes:

http://www.dansko.com/Womens/Footwear/View%20All/

Granted, they're not the most beautiful shoes, and you'd only ever wear them with trousers/jeans, but they are comfortable and offer good support for extended walking/standing.

I'm in America, so no idea if you can buy them where you are, but you should try. They would be wonderful for what you need.

Earlybird Sun 09-Mar-14 12:56:09

Sorry

www.dansko.com/Womens/Footwear/View%20All/

fuzzle Sun 09-Mar-14 12:56:12

if you want comfy and since youre wearing them with trousers and not working in a super trendy/fashionable environment then i think they're fine. ppl will look more at your top half anyway.

Yikes, Earlybird - those ones make the ones in the OP look positively stylish! smile

Earlybird Sun 09-Mar-14 12:59:29

Remus - think of them like Birkenstocks.....not particularly appealing when you first see them, but you get used to them and then don't question whether they're attractive or not!

LunchLadyWannabe Sun 09-Mar-14 13:00:15

Im 26 and i like them!

I wouldnt wear them with the trousers you have linked to though.

Those shoes are better with black standard trousers

LunchLadyWannabe Sun 09-Mar-14 13:01:10

Forgot to mention

I would buy the black, not brown

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now