Talk

Advanced search

Fake tan / Sensitive skin

(8 Posts)
jusdepamplemousse Sun 09-Mar-14 09:26:08

I'm hoping someone might have some advice for me. I am really eczema prone so am totally paranoid about what I put on my skin and have never really used tan products. I wouldn't even be considering it but am getting married in a couple of months and would really like to be a bit browner with the whole white dress situation. I have skin that naturally tans easily but haven't seen the sun for about 18mths so am pretty pale atm. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've seen San Tropez have a sensitive range, has anyone tried it? Or, can't believe I'm even considering it, would a couple of sunbeds as a one off be a completely idiotic thing to do? (I know the answer really). Any helpful ideas would be really, really appreciated.

jusdepamplemousse Sun 09-Mar-14 17:22:05

Anyone?

hopeful face

Chicksy Sun 09-Mar-14 20:45:13

I have the same problem as you so was actually googling today. I came across xen tan which is oil and paraben free. Has anyone used this?

Maverick66 Sun 09-Mar-14 22:14:20

I have sensitive skin though no skin disorders. I have tried every tan under the sun and the one I found I have no allergies to and no weird smell emanating from me is Vita Liberata. It is available in Debenhams comes in mousse or gel and I can't recommend it enough. It is a lovely colour and totally fool proof. Doesn't streak but can stain your bra sad

jusdepamplemousse Mon 10-Mar-14 20:44:19

Thanks so much for replies. The paraben free stuff sounds promising as been told be dermatologist to avoid parabens. Think I'm going to try to get some samples and patch test. I'll post back with verdicts if I remember!

TravelinColour Mon 10-Mar-14 22:19:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jusdepamplemousse Tue 11-Mar-14 06:22:47

Travelincolour...eczema prone. Thankfully under control and no active eczema at mo. But, um, thanks for your concern...!

Walnut8 Tue 11-Mar-14 09:42:27

I have sensitive skin and it handles the normal St Tropez range very well. St Tropez is the only brand that I find looks natural and fades well (rather than patchy). I have found with some other tanning brands (I'm looking at you Garnier) that one of the ingredients REALLY irritated my skin - possibly one of the AHAs they add?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now