Talk

Advanced search

Harem pants

(19 Posts)
mrsnec Sun 09-Mar-14 09:01:50

I ve been looking at them for years but never bought any, they look very comfy and practical, do people just wear them for yoga or out in public? How do you wear yours and will they just be gathering dust or just used as lounge wear? Seen a black and white polka dot pair im quite keen on.

Lottapianos Sun 09-Mar-14 09:36:54

I love mine and wear them to work. Very comfy. They do you absolutely no favours in the bum department though so I would say you need a fairly pert one to pull them off

mrsnec Sun 09-Mar-14 09:41:51

Well it's pert but it's not small so maybe ok in public if only seen from the front? I'm 36 and a curvy 12 also what shoes do you wear with them?

Lovethebubbles Sun 09-Mar-14 09:44:26

I bought some from Next to wear casually and hoped to wear them on a flight abroad. They looked good..... However after wearing them for literally 10 minutes I had the terrible 'baggy knee' problem and they looked hideous! They are now purely 'stay inside to lounge around' trousers. I'm tempted to find some more that aren't jersey material so that I don't get the same problem. I think you need to wear them with a nice fitted top.

mrsnec Sun 09-Mar-14 09:47:59

I wondered about that, these are a cotton/viscose mix so maybe won't get baggy knee. They are also 18 quid so. Maybe ok to be relegated to loungewear. Good tip about the top, thanks!

charitygirl Sun 09-Mar-14 11:27:03

I love mine - have pairs from Hush and River Island - wear them with a long vest and than a shorter jumper or cardigan, trainers/hi tops, and a scarf.

Need more! Any recs?

SuperDuperJezebel Sun 09-Mar-14 11:30:02

I have some, I bought them from Next. Only I keep putting them on in the house, because i'm afraid I look stupid, and then find myself going to bed in them because they're so comfy and I forget they're not pyjamas.

mrsnec Sun 09-Mar-14 11:58:42

That's been a great help thanks all! I am going to start with this one pair and see how I get on. I'm actually 10 weeks pg at the moment and bursting out of my jeans and live in leggings and jumper dresses so thought they'd be good for a while. The ones I'm looking at are from m and s and they're selling them as beach trousers but people will in beachwear as daywear here very soon I will look at hush and river island too.

Lovethebubbles Sun 09-Mar-14 12:05:12

I think it's a great idea to wear them if you're pregnant. Comfy and a bit more acceptable than jogging bottoms!
Superduper... Do your next ones get baggy knee syndrome?!

mrsnec Sun 09-Mar-14 12:22:54

Yes Lovethebubbles thats what I was thinking. I don't own jogging bottoms for that reason! I looked at the hush website I love how they wear them on there I wouldn't have thought of the scarf thing. Here people wear them with gladiators or spangly flip flops and any old top, I'm not keen on that. Hush ones look amazing quality but a bit out of my price range. Sorry I can't post links and I've got the rage at the m and s website so won't bother with that. Next and RI do you buy true to size? I lost a lot of weight last year and haven't bought much since. Not from those places anyway.

SuperDuperJezebel Sun 09-Mar-14 15:13:21

Not really but to be honest they are generally quite loose on me - I got a 14 but could maybe have got a 12 - and I haven't worn them for long stretches at a time. Going to put them on tonight and will do a knee inspection for you!

SuperDuperJezebel Sun 09-Mar-14 15:14:26

Just saw that you've lost a lot of weight... I am slowly getting down into a 12 in a few things, and in next I def could have got the 12. They come up big for sure.

mrsnec Sun 09-Mar-14 15:26:55

Yes about 4 stone so from a 16 to a 12. I got pg as soon as I reached my goal and lost it at 13 weeks then got pg again 3 months later so I haven't replaced much of my clothes and have lost my way a bit style wise! I haven't shopped in next in years but we do have them here. I might make friends with them again. I will try a 12 there I am on the big side for a 12 I think as my m+s jeans are tight but I'm wearing a dress from Mango in a medium today so perhaps I'm not as big after all! I do have chunky legs though I'm very large of calf so need said pants to be accommodating in that area too.

SuperDuperJezebel Sun 09-Mar-14 17:27:18

Good luck - you can always swap if too small? I am about 20lb away from my goal,having lost 7 stone, and I want to try for a baby in Sept after our wedding. Terrified I'm going to pile it all back on again!b

mrsnec Mon 10-Mar-14 05:54:42

Thanks!, well done Super, that's a massive achievement. I didn't enjoy dieting. I got to a point where I thought I don't want to count or log anything ever again so I decided to see if i could do it on my own and I haven't gained an ounce since so I'm sure you'll be fine best of luck with everything, for me now it's a case of getting used to my new shape but as I don't enjoy shopping and hate trying things on it's a case of gradually finding out what size I need in each place.

WholeNutt Mon 10-Mar-14 11:21:18

Gap body have a lovely pair, they're not as baggy, have a fold over waistband and ties at the ankle so you can adjust the width.

They look great with heels or flats and are 24.95. My favourite I hope they never discontinue them!!

mrsnec Mon 10-Mar-14 11:26:02

They sound good WholeNut will check those out too. We only got Gap here recently and I haven't been in there yet.

WholeNutt Mon 10-Mar-14 11:33:38

I just bought a new pair in the Gap on Oxford street they have black and grey, can't find a link to them.

mrsnec Tue 11-Mar-14 08:00:59

Thanks everyone. Managed to order myself my first pair. Looking forward to trying them out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now