Talk

Advanced search

Day spas in London - your recommendations

(13 Posts)
AnnaVR Sat 08-Mar-14 19:10:02

I've just discovered that the Sanctuary is closing at the end of May. Can anyone recommend other day spas in London? I'm more interested in space to relax, swimming etc than the latest facial. Thanks.

LordPalmerston Sat 08-Mar-14 19:12:14

aveda? dunno if a pool.

Or one in a hotel? Look on trip advisor

nannyplumismyfavourite Sat 08-Mar-14 19:14:35

I would like to know exactly that as well AnnaVR. someone mentioned the dorchester but no idea about pool etc there..there must be something else like sanctuary? Why is it closing do you know?

stuckindamiddle Sat 08-Mar-14 19:34:09

If you're ok with something local authority run, look up Ironmonger Row baths near Old St / Angel or York Hall in Bethnal Green. Both excellent and good value too.

stuckindamiddle Sat 08-Mar-14 19:34:54

Sanctuary is bring converted into London pad of a Russian oligarch...

stuckindamiddle Sat 08-Mar-14 19:37:24

Dove Spa nr Canary Wharf also good as it gives you use of Virgin Active gym, spa and pool there if you get
a treatment - pool is gorgeous with full length windows and amazing Thames views.

QuiteQuietly Sat 08-Mar-14 19:44:21

Porchester Spa (W2 5HS) is fab for lounging around in various degrees of warmth and swimming. Very reasonably priced and they have women only days.

stuckindamiddle Sat 08-Mar-14 19:49:33

Quite - I knew there was another more West that I
couldn't remember... That's it!

QuiteQuietly Sat 08-Mar-14 19:52:59

Stuck It's by far the best of the three (IMHO). But Ironmongers has a better caff...

Moggy72 Sat 08-Mar-14 19:59:35

For lounging around in the summer can't beat the Berkeley hotel. Open air pool - great for sunbathing. Lovely pool.

AnnaVR Sat 08-Mar-14 20:45:50

Wow thanks for all the responses. Nannyplumismyfavourite it's now owned by Cussons and they make more from the Sanctuary bath range than the spa. And goodness knows how much the site is worth - only a Russian oligarch could afford it I imagine!

QuiteQuietly Sat 08-Mar-14 21:05:45

There used to be an open air pool on top of a tall building behind RCJ, Holborn-ish. Think it was called Oasis or something? Wonder if that's still going...

Shame to hear about the Sanctuary though.

stuckindamiddle Sat 08-Mar-14 21:06:16

Yes Anna - I'd heard they'll continue the product range.
The site must be worth a fortune!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now