Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pale trousers or jeans - a question

(7 Posts)
LaTrucha Sat 08-Mar-14 18:22:20

I have always worn dark colours on my bottom half in the belief that they are more flattering. I now have a hankering after some pale blue jeans. Are they only for the super slim? I am a 12 and pear shaped. I'm thinking of these, mainly because I have some money off them and I have the same jean in another colour so I know they will fit.

FrugalFashionista Sat 08-Mar-14 18:32:15

LaTrucha I'm Sz 10/12 and slightly pear-shaped (but tall) and tried on an ultra pale blue pair of J Brands recently. They looked pretty good and I almost bought them. (The only reason I didn't was that I'm really trying not to buy anything. wink ) I lived in white jeans last summer and I think pale blue jeans are the new white jeans this year iyswim... So go for it!

Pixiepie Sat 08-Mar-14 19:08:00

I suppose it depends on the style and material that they are made of. I do like a light coloured trouser but find that most often than not it kind of shows up any lump/bump i.e. cellulite!!!! I am a size 12 too. The thing to bare in mind when you buy is check your rear and how they look under different lighting. If you are a bit shy at first you could always wear a tunic over them!!!

I'm a 12 hourglass and today am wearing very, very pale skinnies (M&S 5 pocket ones). DD2 has just told me that I look like a five year old, but a fairly cool and stylish five year old. I've gone with thinking she means that they look fine - and I did have my slippers on with them at the time!

LaTrucha Sat 08-Mar-14 20:15:17

I think I'll give it a go. The last ones I tried on were New Look ones, and the word, 'ample' did spring to mind as I contemplated my thighs. I have a really lovely spring jacket, and it would just look so good with them! Perhaps high heels would help?

TheJumped Sat 08-Mar-14 21:17:41

I have some very pale denim skinnies from Levi's, they're proper thick denim though which I think helps - I'm a size 10 pear and I think they're flattering, I just make sure I avoid black shoes or ankle boots as I think that looks v dated - unless you're young and cool enough to do the clompy grunge thing. I wore them last summer for nights out with plain silky vest top / statement necklace and navy or nude high heels. Or rolled up with a t-shirt and sandals for daytime. Mmm they're some of my fave jeans actually, have had them about 8 years but they always look v modern.

LaTrucha Sun 09-Mar-14 08:38:28

Thanks. I have plucked up the courage and ordered them, totally prepared to feel like a prune, hoping to feel 'v modern'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now