Talk

Advanced search

Desert boots

(5 Posts)
mrsmoscow Sat 08-Mar-14 17:55:55

I really want some flat desert boots. Preferably black suede. Has anyone seen or have a nice pair they would recommend?

plus3 Sat 08-Mar-14 17:58:46

No, but used to love my old desert boots smile

FrugalFashionista Sat 08-Mar-14 18:13:24

Mine are Clark's, this type, (not black though), I usually don't buy their shoes but I think they invented this shoe type and I love mine so much that I barely take them off in the evening. Tried a pair of Tod's too but Clark's just were better, hands down. The crepe sole is super comfy on long walks and they go brillliantly with all jean types. Many Italians seem to choose desert boots for the in-between season when boots are too much but flats feel still a bit flimsy.

Spray them with suede protector and use a microfiber suede brush every now and then and they'll stay pretty!

ShirleySharpeyes Sat 08-Mar-14 18:14:20

I'm reliably informed Roamers are the sort you need to go for. They're cheaper than Clarks and a young friend who knows about such things says they are cool.
I also have plans for a pair - although mine will probably be the trad brown.

ShirleySharpeyes Sat 08-Mar-14 18:17:35

I've been inspired by this pic so will have to spend most of my time on tiptoe in them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now